Biolabs at Pegasus Park celebrated its opening last week, 37,000 square-foot co-working laboratory that is part of the 750,000 square foot campus that includes wet labs, and office space on a 23-acre property. The center offers bioscience collaboration and a number of nonprofits, startups, and a healthcare accelerator. The facility is Boston-based BioLabs’ first location in the central United States and is located between Dallas Design District and the Medical District.
Adam Chabira has been named as the CEO of Genovista Health, which is the value-based contracting organization developed by Genesis Physicians Group and Innovista Health Solutions. Genesis President and CEO Dr. Jim Walton will continue in his Genesis role while stepping away from leadership with Genovista. Chabira has more than 15 years of healthcare management experience, including time in ACO leadership and in community health with Baylor Scott and White Health.
Texas Health Resources will play host to fifty-two new physicians in-training beginning in July. The residents will train at Texas Health Dallas, Fort Worth, Denton, and Hurst-Euless-Bedford. Forty-five are first-year residents who were placed through the match day process, and seven are joining in other years.
Children’s Health has received a $1 million donation from John and Susie Adams to establish the eponymous Excellence Endowment to support the Children’s Health Administrative Residency Program, which provides training and development of future healthcare leaders. The program has been named the Christopher J. Durovich Administrative Residency Program to honor the Adamses’ friend and Children’s Health President and Chief Executive Officer.
The DFW Hospital Council has announced its 2022 Board of Trustees, who will help guide the 90 hospital group. The board includes:
- Chair Blake Kretz, President, Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
- Chair-Elect Rebecca Tucker, President, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SW Fort Worth
- Past Chair John Phillips, President, Methodist Dallas Medical Center
- Trustee Michael Sanborn, President, Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center – Fort Worth
- Trustee Dr. Roberto de la Cruz, Exec. VP, Chief Clinical Officer, Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Trustee Dr. Seth Toomay, Associate VP, Chief Medical Officer, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Trustee, Dr. Karen Duncan, President/CEO, JPS Health Network
- Trustee Sharn Barbarin, CEO, Medical City Lewisville
- Trustee, Jessica O’Neal, CEO, Medical City Las Colinas
- Trustee Audra Early, Senior VP, Strategy and Network Development, Kindred Hospitals
- Trustee Vanessa Walls, Executive Vice President Northern Market, Children’s Health
- Trustee Kyle Armstrong, Chief Operating Officer, Baylor University Medical Center
- Ex-Officio Natalie Wilkins, Chief of Staff to President/CEO, Cook Children’s Health Care System
- Ex-Officio Robert Rupp, CEO, Ennis Regional Medical Center, Parkview Regional Hospital
- Ex-Officio Dr. Christopher McLarty, Associate VP and CNO, UT Southwestern Medical Center