Jennifer Chavez has been named chief nursing officer of Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth. She joined the hospital in March 2020 and is a practicing acute care nurse practitioner. She has more than two decades of experience in nursing and leadership, beginning her career at Texas Health Fort Worth as patient care technician.
Four Baylor Scott & White Health medical centers have been named to the “50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals 2022,” according to Fortune and IBM Watson Health. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Hillcrest in Waco, Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano and Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas were highlighted as top performing cardiac care facilities.
- GreenLight’s VitalSign6, a depression screening and clinical decision support software
- Insight Optics’ mobile-enabled eye exam platform to better serve patients who live in underserved areas
- OneSeventeen Media’s reThinkIt! for School, a digital mental health platform that uses chatbot assistants
The winners of the Institutional Venture Awards, which received $150,000 in prize each, are:
- Children’s Health’s BeeHive mobile app, which helps youth facing mental health challenges
- Parkland Health and Hospital System’s gamified platform enhances resilience of at-risk adolescents
Dr. Paula Dobbs-Wiggins received the Kerney Laday, Sr., Trustees of the Year by the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council. The award honor trustees who have displayed excellence throughout their careers. Other recipients of this year’s award are Ross McKnight of Baylor Scott & White Health and James Young Wynne from Texas Health Resources.
OncoNano Medicine, Inc. has received $18.4 million in grant funding that will convert to an equity investment from Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT). The financing will be used to develop pegsitacianine, an imaging agent used in intraoperative surgical resection of solid tumors, and advance the company’s first internal therapeutic development program.