Peter O’Donnell Jr., the longtime philanthropist and benefactor of UT Southwestern, has died at the age of 97. O’Donnell and his wife Edith established the O’Donnell Foundation in 1957, which contributed more than $300 million to the medical center, helping it became an internationally recognized research center. Most of his gifts were made anonymously over the years, and the Peter O’Donnell Jr. Brain Institute at UT Southwestern is named in his honor. Read more here.
Texas Health Resources has introduced new internal medicine residency programs at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth and a combined program at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton and Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford. Both programs were granted approval by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education. The three programs will include 30 new residents each year and will start accepting residents in 2022.
Dallas-based pharmacy services company Soleo Health has been selected by Houston Methodist to provide monoclonal antibody therapy to COVID-19 patients in their homes. The hospital system is among the nation’s largest providers of the therapy and has a partnership with the U.S. Department of Human Services.
The DFW Hospital Council has announced its 2021 recipients of its annual awards, and 17 North Texas county judges to receive the Distinguished Health Service Award; Christopher McLarty, associate vice president and chief nursing officer, ambulatory services at UT Southwestern Medical Center was named the Young Healthcare Executive of the Year; and three board members at Baylor Scott & White Health, Parkland Health & Hospital System and Texas Health Resources were selected as the Kerney Laday, Sr. Trustees of the Year.
The recipients this year are:
- Hon. Chris Hill of Collin County;
- Hon. Clay Jenkins of Dallas County;
- Hon. Andy Eads of Denton County;
- Hon. Todd Little of Ellis County;
- Hon. Ronald Massingill of Hood County;
- Hon. Bobby Stovall of Hunt County;
- Hon. Roger Harmon of Johnson County;
- Hon. Hal Richards of Kaufman County;
- Hon. Pat Deen of Parker County;
- Hon. David Sweet of Rockwall County;
- Hon. Danny Chambers of Somervell County;
- Hon. Glen Whitley of Tarrant County;
- Hon. Alfonso Campos of Erath County;
- Hon. H.M. Davenport, Jr. of Navarro County;
- Hon. Shane Long of Palo Pinto County;
- Hon. Bill Magers of Grayson County;
- Hon. Nathaniel Moran of Smith County.