The Joint Commission honored Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance with the Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification for safe and effective cardiac care.
The recognition is awarded to organizations that provide customized clinical programs and analyze clinical outcomes to improve care, along with advising patients and caregivers about how best to care for patients at home.
“Unfortunately, cardiovascular disease is the cause of one of every three deaths in the United States,” said Dr. Michael Duran, a cardiologist on the medical staff at Texas Health Alliance, via release. “With cardiovascular disease significantly impacting men and women across the nation, we want to provide a sense of comfort to the community, and this certification validates the great work taking place at Texas Health Alliance.”
The Joint Commission visited Texas Health Alliance in May, looking at compliance, evidence-based clinical guidelines, measuring performance, and health record-keeping.
“Providing cardiovascular services requires a team approach of physicians on the medical staff, nurses, and other caregivers to reliably care for our community,” said Clint Abernathy, Texas Health Alliance president via release. “This certification further demonstrates that Texas Health Alliance is fully committed to providing compassionate and immediate patient care, right here, close to home.”
Texas Health Resources owns 12 hospitals and has three joint-venture facilities with the chest pain certification from the Joint Commission.
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital HEB
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
- Texas Health Heart and Vascular Hospital Arlington
- Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound