The Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council Foundation held its Employee of the Year Luncheon last week, where 14 winners were announced among 130 nominees from 55-area hospitals.
The nominations were judged by board members from the Dallas-Fort Worth Healthcare Human Resources Association, with hospitals separated into four categories of 1-99 beds, 100-250 beds, 251-499 beds and 500-plus beds. The luncheon was hosted by Charles Gressle, chief executive officer of Medical City Plano and Frisco and chair of DFWHC, and Pam Stoyanoff, chief operating officer of Methodist Health System and chair of the DFWHC Foundation. It featured keynote speaker Chief Richard Picciotto, the highest ranking firefighter to survive the World Trade Center Attacks on September 11, 2001.
“We hope this is a memorable day for these great North Texas hospital employees,” said Kristin Tesmer, president of the DFWHC Foundation via release. “The goal of this luncheon is to make a difference in the quality of care by boosting the morale of our hospital staffs, maintaining retention of a strong workforce and recognizing the importance of each employee. All of these nominees deserved to be recognized and it was our honor to applaud every one of them.”
Read below to see who won.
- Dr. Dustin Loveland, Children’s Medical Center – Plano
- Gene Anderson, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
- Mindy Rodriguez, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville
- Olicia Day, Contract Administrator, Parkland Health & Hospital System
Community Service Award
- Heather Scroggins, EPIC Clinical Liaison, JPS Health Network
Special Recognition Awards
- Loraine Erwin, Recreational Therapist, Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
- Robby Fuson, Maintenance Specialist I, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance
- Eli Cruz, Food Services Host, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
- Aaron Gonzalez, EMS Program Manager, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
Employee of the Year Awards
- Jennifer Roady, Senior Child Life Specialist, Children’s Medical Center – Plano
- Jennifer Waters, Physical Therapist, The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano
- Matthew Hatcher, Security Services Investigator, Cook Children’s Health Care Center
- Farhenaaz Ajani, Trauma Nurse Clinician II, Parkland Health & Hospital System