Local News

GoFundMe Campaign Launches to Put Pressure on Coppell Cops in Jonathan Crews Case

He died in 2014. His family says it wasn't suicide.

Earlier this year, we published a story titled “Killer or Victim?,” written by Mike Mooney, about the death of Jonathan Crews. At the time of his death, in 2014, his girlfriend said that Crews shot himself. But the Crews family doubts Brenda Lazaro’s story and says that the Coppell Police Department didn’t do a good job investigating the matter. A civil trial is scheduled to begin November 27.

In the meantime, a group sympathetic to the Crews family has launched a GoFundMe campaign to raise $5,000 to pay for “a billboard demanding a proper investigation.” There’s no indication what the billboard might say, and, as of this posting, $725 has been pledged.

Newsletter

Get a weekly recap in your inbox every Sunday of our best stories from the week plus a primer for the days ahead.

Find It

Search our directories for...

Restaurants

Restaurants

Bars

Bars

Events

Events

Attractions

Attractions

View All

View All

Comments