The NBA’s Sacramento Kings are reportedly unhappy with their head coach after a poor start to the season, and already looking around for someone to take over.
Slate takes a blind look at the resumes of five current NBA assistant coaches and argues that “Candidate E” has the strongest case:
- Earned a position on the USA national team as a senior in high school
- Medaled in the Olympics as a player
- 4-year collegiate player, 3-time All-American, 2-time National Player of the Year, 3-time national champion
- Former professional player
- Inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame
- 4 years of professional head coaching and general manager/executive experience
- Television studio and game analyst for professional basketball on regional and national networks
- In 1st season as an NBA assistant coach
Candidate E is Plano’s own Nancy Lieberman, who talked about her current gig as a Kings assistant on our EarBurner podcast back in August. Bleacher Report is saying that Lieberman is, in fact, the favorite of the Kings owner to take over the team on an interim basis if they fire current head coach George Karl.