Mark Clayton, who represents District 9 on the Dallas City Council, stopped by the Old Monk to talk about how municipal power has changed him, his past work helping professional athletes market themselves, and which North Texas suburb he really, really, really doesn’t like.
But the reason you’ve got to listen to this episode is because of the epic round of iPhone roulette in the third segment. I’ve never seen anyone so enthusiastic to tell acquaintances on the phone that he loves them, and I’ve never seen Tim so anxious and embarrassed. Enjoy.
But first, a few notes:
1. The EarBurner T-Shirt designed by Mark Clayton
2. The famed “lost episode” of EarBurner, featuring Clayton, was recorded on July 2. Why was it lost? There was an incident.
3. Go 4 It Sports Grill is at Northwest Highway and Plano Road.
4. The Wild Turkey is on Walnut Hill Lane near Interstate 35E.
5. Zac says Irving is the worst Dallas suburb, but officially D Magazine ranks it 52nd out of 63.
6. Joel K. Thomas sent us an annotated copy of a letter from the MacArthur High School principal, Dan Cummings.
7. Luis Gonzalez drives in the World-Series-winning run in 2001:
8. Isaac Bruce played for the St. Louis Rams and the San Francisco 49ers.
9. Ray Lewis was charged with murder of two men in Atlanta the night after the Super Bowl in 2000.
10. An ecdysiast is a performer who provides erotic entertainment by undressing to music.
11. “Callipygian” means pertaining to or having finely developed buttocks.
12. Jacqueline Anderson on her practice:
Now to the show. Listen via iTunes, Stitcher, your favorite podcatcher, or through the player below: