That’s the overall point made in my and Jim Schutze’s hourlong discussion Saturday on KNON 89.3, which you can (and should) watch and/or listen to. You could just read the column he just posted that goes over a lot of these same points — about some school board members and their witch hunt against Miles, about the media’s complicity in said witch hunt, etc. — but then you’d miss out on these things:
- My take on the most-recent trumped-up DISD “scandal,” a take that is soil-your-pants brilliant.
- During the first break, I offer a sip of my grande orange spiced iced coffee to Jim, because he was coughing. His face is priceless.
- A mention of the column I wrote months ago that talks about how much staffers dislike trustee Elizabeth Jones. [Scoreboard.]
- Us waving at an unidentified studio interloper like a couple of starstruck ninnies.
- My take that if the forces against Miles are successful, the business community will abandon DISD.
- A sneak preview of my column in the September issue of D Magazine.
- A look at my phone. It’s HUGE.
- My breathing. I’m more wolf than man. Seriously, I sound like this.