With all this talk about air-traffic control and furloughs and national parks and F-35s, there’s a bunch of stuff around here that we’d like to sequester instead:
-That pedestrian crossing sign at the Pearl Street/Ross Avenue intersection that flashes “72, 71, 70…” then an immediate orange hand when you’re a quarter of the way across the street. SEQUESTERED.
– The 35 mile-per-hour speed
trap limit on the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge. SEQUESTERED.
– Mixologists. Do you have liquor? A glass? Insert A into B. I will pay you for it. SEQUESTERED.
– Calling science “The Boogeyman.” SEQUESTERED.
– SMU frats, because man! those have been a real fun time lately haven’t they? SEQUESTERED.
– Secession. SEQUESTERED. (Which sounds like some kind of Rush cover band, or maybe a Georgetown a-cappella group.)
– The words foodie, artisan, and hipster. None of those mean anything. SEQUESTERED.
– Saying things are always bigger in Texas. SEQUESTERED.
– Ice skating rinks in parks that are doing awesome on their own. SEQUESTERED.
– The eye of Sauron. SEQUESTERED.
Feel free to add your own.