Last year, I was super excited about Hanson. Then they didn’t show. This year, I’m not getting my hopes up, but the Commodores, even Lionel Ritchie-less, should be hilarious. Fans of all genres should be pleased with the line up on the Chevrolet Main Stage, which is actually a pretty good mix of locals and out-of-towners. I’ve put together a handy, all-in-one place list of the best one-of music events. As always, concerts are free with State Fair admission.
1. Le Freak opens the Chevrolet Main Stage on September 28. Disco fever.
2. The O’s on September 29. Not the biggest name of the night, but a big, popular local act.
3. Kevin Costner and the Modern West on September 29. There’s your big name; actor Kevin Costner will perform a live interpretation of Dances With Wolves. Cancelled
4. Meagan Tubb and Shady People on October 1.
5. Rob Hunt on October 2. Not the offensive lineman, but rather, a jazz pianist.
6. Maiden Texas on October 3.
7. Quebe Sisters Band on October 4.
8. Texaco Country Showdown on October 5.
9. Elle Varner on October 6.
10. Rebirth Brass Band on October 6.
11. Ruthie Foster on October 6.
12. Ramon Ayala on October 7.
13. Bridgit Mendler on October 8.
14. The Nouveaux Honkies on October 9.
15. Shoot Low Sheriff on October 10.
16. Kevin Fowler on October 13.