There’s so much to do this weekend. But I’m pretty fired up for tonight.
1. Vanilla Ice is playing at Trees. It’s free if you get there before 10 pm. FREE to see Vanilla Ice. I know, I can’t believe it either.
2. D Magazine is throwing a super-fun Reading Room event at Legacy Books. The best thing about Reading Room events? Getting to schmooze with D staffers. Trust me on this one.
3. The Dallas Museum of Art is open all night long tonight. Yep, it’s not closing. So you can go at 3 am (and if you do, tickets are half-price). I can’t stay up that late but hopefully one of you will and report back.
Jump for the rest of the weekend.
4. The HomeGrown Music and Arts Festival is happening on Saturday at the Main Street Garden. All local bands, all day long, for just $10. Organizers tell us that in addition to the great music (Ishi, Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights, etc), there’s also an arcade section (with a photo booth!) margaritas, beer, food from Beyond the Box, and snow cones for sale.
5. Lost fans are all a buzz about Sunday night’s finale. I’m a Lost fan but haven’t managed to catch even one episode this season, so when everyone around me in the office starts talking about it I have to run away with my fingers in my ears. If you don’t want to watch the show at home by yourself, head to the Angelika for a watching party. It’s free, and door prizes like cast-signed memorabilia will be given away.