Comments

9 responses to “Exxon Mobil Tops Fortune 500 List”

I would like to augment Glenn’s commentary by adding that Exxon is handsome and charming, as well. And a pretty darned good cook! And don’t even get Exxon started telling stories about his many brave adventures — he’s a raconteur non pareil!

That’s a wonderful suit you’re wearing today, Exxon. Mine is more pedestrian, true, but I think it’s clear that I relate best to the overlord class, Sir! Why I’m practically a mem–

Yes. Yes sir — cream, no sugar. Yes, sir, I will. Yes, of course. Until you can see your reflection in them, Yes, Sir.

2. Tim Rogers says:

I prefer Dr Pepper. But whatever.

3. PR says:

Congrats to Exxon Mobil. This company paid billions of dollars in taxes last year — and billions in research and development, providing thousands of jobs.

4. matt says:

GM’s presence at #6 tells you all you need to know about the relevance of revenue-based lists like The F500. The big boys care about profit and Exxon has been king of that list for years. Bravo to them for outstanding management and financial prudence, even in “boom” times.

5. fred says:

I am glad to know that the Amarillo area in “North Texas” has so many Fortune 500 companies. How many does the Dallas area have?

6. the cynic says:

I would argue that it’s hard not t be profitable when you set the market price for your goods. Oh, wait, that can’t be true…that would be price-fixing, and we all know that is illegal. I’m glad I’m not a lawyer or a politician. All those fancy facts and figures just make me swoon. God bless America’s dependence on foreign crude and Corporate Amercia’s ability to make record-breaking profits year after year. I’m tearing up.

7. OhPlease says:

Yeah! Blood-soaked oil money sure feels good!

8. Dubious Brother says:

May a camel hump your Prius in the parking lot of Whole Foods.

9. matt says:

The cynic clearly has has no idea how the sausage is made. I would direct your price fixing concerns to the dealers who actually own the gas stations, or the jobbers. Stop getting your information from email chain forwards.

Oh, and Corporate America, which somehow is a proper noun, is in the business to make profits. This isn’t a communal farm.