Comments

34 responses to “Friday Afternoon Relevant Question: Real Dubya, Or No?”

1. carissa says:

He might have posed for the cover, but clearly the head & body weren’t taken in the same photog.

It is a provocative cover though.

2. suzanne says:

I love the gang symbol he’s flashing. That’s “L” for “Loser.”

3. Oh Yep says:

Any ounce of respect I had for Wick has gone down the toilet. He sold his integrity in hopes of getting some oil money for D Magazine. Maybe it will work. A “boon”?
    How about a boondoggle? George W. Bush is so protected on this blog. WHY?

4. Eric Celeste says:

Folks, stay on point, please. I’m feelin’ delete-y today. (Also deleting the responses to those I take out, so it’s not confusing.)

PLEASE ERIC AND BUCK BOTH. YOUR CRUELTY ILLIMITABLE IS MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO MOVE FORWARD IN MY LIFE. LET UP PLEASE!!!

(sorry ’bout that)

7. Eric Celeste says:

Daniel, you make me giggle.

8. J Montenegro says:

It’s his head alright, but maybe Verne Troyer’s body…

9. jrp says:

i voted no and think that giddy up is so gay not even sure eric could pull it off

10. Gwyon says:

“How No. 43 Will Drive Up Real Estate Prices”

Advertorial supplement?

11. wolf's blood says:

I wonder if Eric is wearing one of those gay shirts with french cuffs.

12. MIssing Dots says:

While I say no, I think W has a jovial side about him that he might have actually done something like this just to show he can laugh about things. Although the backlash it would cause wouldn’t be worth it to him. W will forever be a great President to me.

13. Eric Celeste says:

My shirt, you ask? Check back about 2:35 (if I’ve correctly figured out this delayed auto-posting thing)

14. Puddin'Tane says:

Is this the Bush who’ll be hanging out at Rush?

15. dlp says:

yawn…
    delete that

16. smarty says:

Ewwweeeee! Yuck! Ack ack!

Wait a minute — I thought Bush was moving to Dallas! You mean he’s moving to 1981 instead?

18. Julie says:

ever notice how, whether it’s too-tight flightsuit straps or his left hand–he likes to call attention to his crotch

w: “suck it, america!!”

19. Kellyn says:

Wow-zah. Got deleted b/c I said that Bush had gaffes just like Obama had on Leno. Tsk-tsk … I’m naughty. However, to make sure this comment stays, I’ll say … stripes with plaid? Fashion gaffe …

20. Oh Yep says:

Eric, do you find that the power of deletion and censorship helps you to promote your
    agenda? Like you allow the Bush lovers to berate, and all but threaten to kill those who find Bush annoying and abusive. However, the minute someone says something negative about Bush, you come in with the cenosr power…like Ms Censorall on Moral Oral. You and Tim do check out other blogs from time to time to see how the middle class feels about your man Bush, don’t you?
    Why would you censor facts when they are presented?
    And really, who cares about what you wear or if you are gay or not. That is between you and G-D

21. Eric Celeste says:

Sigh. Actually, I deleted Obama remarks. I suppose Wick deleted some Bush stuff. We’re just more for staying on topic in the posts, or at least being funny or clever in your attacks, rather than boring and annoying. That said, Power of Deletion is my new rage metal band.

22. Unclever Pseudonym says:

Seriously, people. Is that a real question?

23. j.d.w... says:

I find it interesting that Oh Yep and others seem to think this cover and/or magazine in general is kind towards our 43rd President.

I don’t think this cover is kind in any way. In fact, I gather immediately the intent was to make Bush look like an idiot.

And I’m pretty sure the publisher of D was publicly supporting the non-Repulican for president pretty early on (you like how I didn’t say his name!??!)

24. j.d.w... says:

is i-d-i-o-t a naughty word?

25. Christopher says:

Most people don’t understand the difference between a vitriolic conniption and actually having an opinion, comment or coherent thought. If I’m that’s what I’m missing through the mild censoring on this site, that’s fine by me and thank you. If you’re desperately looking for it, just go to the bottom of every ESPN story, where they have every degree of it imaginable.

26. j.d.w... says:

I hope the grammer police are in the grammer donut shoppes…

27. Troll Doll says:

grammar, for the love of God. Grammar. With. An. A.

That being said, I didn’t realize it was possible to make W look more of a tool than before. Kudos, D Mag.

28. Dubious Brother says:

Where did you find the cover designer? The Special Olympics?

29. Christopher says:

God, that outfit…pastel colors even on the shoes…it’s pretty much making my eyes bleed. But if you were to ask a SMU LXA though and they’d probably say he looks terrific.

30. Christopher says:

Delete “and”…please…I can barely see what I type through all this hemorrhaging.

31. j.d.w... says:

I see the spelling police were out writing tickets. grammar. got it.

32. Sid Nancy says:

Love the concept, the head looks too big, see Michealangelo