When Tim Rogers Decides What’s Funny, The Terrorists Have Won

If you’re wondering where all your comments are disappearing to today, they have been deleted at the hand of Tim. That’s because his new rule is, “Hey, that’s not funny.”

So, Trey and Daniel, even though Zac and I just laughed at your “two chicks” dialogue in the comments, because we recognized it was excellent use of movie quoting (Office Space), Tim declared that “not funny.” And deleted it. Because the Internet is sensitive like that.

Comments

27 responses to “When Tim Rogers Decides What’s Funny, The Terrorists Have Won”

1. J Montenegro says:

Tim also deleted my witty retort (also an “Office Space” quote). But in retrospect, Tim was probably justified in deleting it…or at least he has Admin access to the blog, which is just like justification.

Alas, it wasn’t me. I only inanely riffed on the subject of Time, demonstrating by example the Einsteinian principle that “it’s always 4:20 somewhere.”

3. jamesn says:

This proves, yet again, that Tim really is the king of all douche bags.

4. It’s like Tim has a time machine that goes back to 1952.

5. Goethe Rous says:

I’m so glad you guys called Tim out for being the Hitler Youth that he is so I didn’t have to.

6. In Tim’s defense, yes, Tim can be overbearing, authoritarian, obnoxious, self-important, underhanded, dastardly, passive-aggressive, conniving, back-biting, cold-blooded, pedantic, and callous but… I forget where I was going with this.

Just because he’s a one-balled, conflictedly one-quarter Jewish artistic failure who earned his stripes as a “Beer Hall Putz” doesn’t make him like Hitler. Well, it doesn’t make him Hitler.

8. Whisky Tango Foxtrot says:

How in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks can Tim not know that line was from Office Space? Funny as all-get-out Office Space. Funny as all-get-out and filmed in Dallas Office Space.

9. david says:

True story: One time, I wasn’t funny and I ceased to exist. I blame Tim.

10. PR says:

Kudos to Daniel. His last posting was one of the funniest I have ever read. Still waiting on Tim to delete though.

Personally, I like Tim because he introduced me to warm nuts in the bar at Al Biernat’s. Wait. That didn’t come out right.

11. Tim Rogers says:

As soon as I get to a computer, I’m deleting all these comments.

12. jrp says:

daniel is rountinely the funniest mofo on this site and a few others…

maybe someone should school Tim on the O-Face, meeting with the Bobs, “corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking, just a moment,” and firings on Fridays, too

and i can’t really say Jennifer Aniston is a great actor, but when her Joanna character meets Peter in Schlotzsky’s for the first time and he’s all “do you ever watch Kung-Fu?” and she’s all “i love Kung-Fu” and he’s all “do you wanna come over and watch Kung-Fu” and she’s all “OK” my heart melts every time as she just sooooo effin cute i want to eat her up right there

13. Double Fake Office Receptionist says:

It looks like Tim is having a case of the Mooooondays.

14. I believe you’d get your ass kicked sayin’ something like that, man.

15. Glenn's long suffering wife says:

Glenn, you might as well never post or comment again. Your humor won’t stand the Tim Test.

16. Glenn’s posted humor before?

(I kid, I kid.)

17. Not Me says:

Schlotzsky’s? Um, yeah, OK.

18. chris says:

“tonight at 10, how Tim killed Frontburner”

19. Glenn's long suffering wife says:

@Trey – Ask Glenn about “leaning hard.” It’s sorta sad to see the old fellow laugh at his joke when no one else does.

20. JB says:

“Good evening Sir, my name is (Tim). I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.”

21. Puddin'Tane says:

Tim just needs to get laid. If Tim were getting some then he’d be happy and less bitter. Bitter people delete.

22. Columbiasooner says:

I believe Wick needs to inspect Tim’s pieces of flair. I suspect he is only wearing the minimum requirement.

23. jrp says:

i don’t really like to talk about my flair

24. Grow A Pair Tim says:

Tell Timmy he needs to grow a pair.

Gosh, eveyone is always offended or upset by every comment now days.

25. Jim says:

[Standing, clapping]

26. Goethe Rous says:

Tim would have deleted everything here today, but he’s been busy working on his newest invention. It’s the “Jump to Conclusions Mat”.

I told him it was horrible, this idea.

27. Lawrence says: