Dining

Dining

Comments

28 responses to “W Continues to Wander North Texas…”

1. El Rey says:

I’ve seen him breaking a sweat in Crawford, clearing brush and what-not. I think he is capable of some manual labor. Maybe he can come by my house and help me remodel my guest bathroom and then we can clean up my garage…

(If he calls you guys at D, you can give him my email address.)

2. towski says:

I wonder if the story would be so benign if this were President Clinton suddenly appearing at SMU looking for something “to do”…

3. El Rey says:

Are you inferring he was looking for some coed action or a kegger?

4. Dpcbb says:

I heard is will be working construction to help build his library, pitching in where he can.

I think that is why he was at Elliot’s Hardware last week.

5. smarty says:

I have an extra large barf bag, in case I see him in person.

6. Troll Doll says:

are you asian, smarty? Because I have it on good authority the Bush family only vomits in the presence of asians. If you’re not, you should be safe.

7. smarty says:

You silly Troll! It’s fo ME !!! I always vomit in the presence of murdering satanic entities !

8. Funny, Isn't It? says:

remember the movie “soap” when sally field use to go out to a mall when she felt insecure and unwanted. she would go to a mall and have a friend yell her name out so as to get some attention.
    this is like that only instead of being a soap star, he is a war criminal. if you look close you can see the blood dripping from his hands.
    he is so lucky he lives in a city where publications like this will kiss his buttocks every stip of the way.
    bush glamour shots.

9. Bill says:

I saw Bush today on The Hilltop. Today proved that SMU and especially the students really do like(love) Bush. You guys can try and spin it however you want. The students ate it up. He picked the right school for his library. Lotta love being thrown to Bush there this morning.

10. Roscoe Purvis Coltrane says:

I bet he caught wind of the drug scandals and figure he could score from one of his smu amigos.

11. Roscoe Purvis Coltrane says:

party on

12. CityChick says:

President Bush continues to prove that he’s a truly decent person. How great for the SMU kids to be able to talk with him so soon after his term in office! And Dave, I seriously doubt he’s looking for something “to do.” He’s more likely choosing which invites to accept and which ones – like yours – to decline. Again, proof that’s a class act, something sorely needed at D these days.

13. Grammar Police says:

It’s Mardi Gras. Maybe he was looking to party.

14. cbs says:

@Bill you get the line of the day for “I saw Bush today on The Hilltop.”

I will somehow use this line in a conversation today.

15. Bill says:

@cbs

I have been waiting to use that line for some time.

Bush was there as a guest of Harold Stanley, a professor in Poli Sci. Bush was a guest speaker in his class today. Afterwards, he was outside Dedman talking with students and joking around for a solid 10 minutes or more.

16. Tinman says:

Quick, ….hand me my shoe!

17. Skeptic says:

Let me see if I understand the comments standards policy on this blog: it is impermissible to call someone, regardless how deserving, an i.d.i.o.t
    — but you can label a former president of the United States a “war criminal”?

18. Obama's Seat says:

@Skeptic.

That’s a term of endearment.

19. Dave Moore says:

@Bill — Thanks. If any students who attended the class want to chime in to give an account of the visit, they’re invited to do so.

20. NeitherParty says:

Murdering entity… comments like that give any fair-minded individual a giggle. Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter’s cluster of a term looks solid in comparison to what he’s done since….that takes some effort.
    Lighten up Francis….

21. Bill says:

@ Dave Moore

It was his 1320 Introduction to American Politics class, so it was probably full of 18/19 year old freshmen. You know, reading The Prince by Machiavelli as a primer, then moving into the Constitution, political parties, Federalism, Civil Rights.

Nothing is more critical to our nation’s survival at this moment in history than to discuss the relative merits and faults of Jimmy Carter.

23. MIssing Dots says:

I think he was there to help celebrate Black History month.

24. Richard says:

@ Daniel

Or the daily appearances of any former president.

25. Obama's Seat says:

After GW relaxes a bit, he’s going to go on a world speaking tour to denounce the policies of the present administration.

It’s become a bit of a tradition.

26. NeitherParty says:

Was the guy calling Bush a murderering entity wearing a Che T Shirt?

27. chickenpants says:

My over/under was 10 for a post containing ALL CAPS, sentences ending in !!!!!, streams of disjointed profanity, or threats of bodily harm should the poster ever see GWB around town.
    I lose.

28. Funny, Isn't It? says:

this little piggy goes to market.