Hard-Core Honesty So Early In The Morning…

Prying myself out of bed to attend early-morning meetings has become increasingly hard since the advent of a new baby (mine, I think), but I managed to do so today to attend a discussion about strategies to attract and keep talented workers in today’s economy. When someone raised the question of what employers are doing to save on health care costs, one woman giggled, which caught everyone’s attention. She then had no choice but to speak:

“Hiring young people,” she said.

“Finally, an honest person,” said the man who sat beside me, who works for a company that helps laid-off workers find new jobs.

The truth seeped out at a discussion held by Birkman International Inc. and Stanton Chase International at Northwood Country Club.

Dining

Dining

Comments

10 responses to “Hard-Core Honesty So Early In The Morning…”

1. Obama's Seat says:

Again, no problemo:

The new office ‘‘provides appropriate information to help guide medical decisions at the time and place of care…,”

The Office of Fewer Old People?

2. Matthew says:

So whatever happened to the trial of the 18 suing the DMN for age discrimination? Wasn’t that supposed to be finally coming up this month?

3. Puddin'Tane says:

Ut oh, Eric is 40…..

4. Ed says:

And hire men. An office full of women costs more than an office full of men.

5. Tim Rogers says:

All very excellent — and very illegal — suggestions.

6. El Rey says:

What about having a mandatory policy that all employees will be a part of and participate on the company water polo and soccer team. This might work… Not many old and sickly players on professional teams.

Just throwing it out there, don’t kill the messenger or call my (handicapable) mom.

7. JNS says:

And only hire ladies who are on The Pill or are otherwise not impregnable (but not because of menopause b/c = old). And no smokers.

8. Dallasite says:

Just kill all the sick people. Boom! problem solved.

9. MIssing Dots says:

I thought in addition to Obama claiming the US invented the automobile I thought he also proclaimed that cancer was cured. If that is true, then who needs healthcare?

10. When I scan down posts I catch the first couple of words in each paragraph.

This post wasn’t nearly as dirty as it looked on first scan.