Happy Presidents Day! Now, Let’s Take The Day Off!

I don’t know about you, but trying to get work done without having government people or lawyers answering the phones is almost impossible. Isn’t it about time we retire this notion of taking Presidents Day off? What do the people who get the day off do, anyway? Sit around and think about who their favorite president is (shown left is my personal fave: Rutherford B. Hayes)?

Dining

Dining

Comments

10 responses to “Happy Presidents Day! Now, Let’s Take The Day Off!”

1. Sway says:

I suggest the US Postal Service install automated postage machines in all Post Offices for all to use on days they are closed. My idea is a machine that weighs and takes credit cards, for those of us that don’t slow down on Observed days.

On a second note, I was surprised to see Banks open today……but it was a nice surprise!

2. Grammar Police says:

@Sway: Most post offices have such a service. I’m not sure about weighing packages, but they sell stamps, etc., and take your credit card.
    Or just ship with UPS. They’re faster and cheaper.

3. Leslie says:

Personally, I think we should work on President’s Day and take St. Patrick’s Day as a holiday instead.

4. brett says:

@ Leslie: why do we have to choose. Take em both off!

Cheers to you, William Taft.

5. mm says:

Sway, you may know this already, but the main post office on West I-30 has the machine you describe. I don’t go anywhere else. I usually mail a package in less than 5 minutes, vs the long lines and surly employees that you may encounter at other locations.

6. Sway says:

I understand that some have them and some don’t….what I’m saying is that in every location that is closed there should be such a machine…to save me the frustration I faced this morning, trying to buy stamps and figure out how much postage my 4 x 4 wedding invitations need. I had to drive to 4 different post offices before I got frustrated and went to Kroger to buy 8 books of stamps.

7. luniz says:

James K Polk >> all

8. Dubious Brother says:

Any day that lawyers are not answering their phones (working) is a good day for America. Although I do feel bad for their clients as they need to make up those billable hours missed over the next 4 days or two weeks or whatever billing cycle they are on.

9. Some stamp licker says:

Not even a stamp machine in my post office.

10. Troll Doll says:

No way, luniz. Warren G. Harding.