Flu to Kill All of Dallas

I just heard that St. Thomas Aquinas is shutting down for the rest of the week because it has been so hard hit by the flu and strep. My mother taught at my son’s elementary today and reports that “a lot” of students were out sick. I’m typing this from my dining room table because that same son has been confined to the house for four days, manfully struggling to vanquish the very same wee beasties from his spindly corpus.

Forget the economic crisis. The flu is coming to kill us all! Run for your lives!

Comments

13 responses to “Flu to Kill All of Dallas”

1. cb says:

hope he is feeling better soon. pull yourself together Tim!

2. Is he another victim of the government’s flu shot scheme?

3. Nancy Nichols says:

awesome links.

4. Obama's Seat says:

;
    l;poooooii\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[=’/

5. Obama's Seat says:

Whoops.

Sorry.

Damn cat.

6. Edgar A Guest says:

DADDIES

I would rather be the daddy
    Of a romping, roguish crew,
    Of a bright-eyed chubby laddie
    And a little girl or two,
    Than the monarch of a nation,
    In his high and lofty seat,
    Taking empty adoration
    From the subjects at his feet.

I would rather own their kisses,
    As at night to me they run,
    Than to be the king who misses
    All the simpler forms of fun.
    When his dreary day is ending
    He is dismally alone,
    But when my sun is descending
    There are joys for me to own.

He may ride to horns and drumming;
    I must walk a quiet street,
    But when once they see me coming,
    Then on joyous, flying feet
    They come racing to me madly
    And I catch them with a swing,
    And I say it proudly, gladly,
    That I’m happier than a king.

You may talk of lofty places;
    You may boast of pomp and power;
    Men may turn their eager faces
    To the glory of an hour,
    But give me the humble station
    With its joys that long survive,
    For the daddies of the nation
    Are the happiest men alive.

A Path to Home, 1919

7. Big Tex says:

Dont no one bring that shit over to JL Long. Please and thanks …

8. nmlhats says:

Don’t bring it to Stonewall Jackson, either. I need to go get a flu shot. Maybe today.

9. LakeWWWooder says:

I always wondered about that Holy Water. Of course I was raised a Baptist so we have our own aquatic affectations. Of course, that is a one-time thing..

10. nmlhats says:

Ok, peeps, here’s my update. I went to the Health Dept to get my free flu shot now that the plague is apparently running rampant in my ‘hood. This would be at 2377 Stemmons, in a large non-descript, beige building more or less across from Children’s Hospital.

There were only a handful of people there waiting, and I was in and out of the place in seven or eight minutes.

Bonus: I had time to go upstairs to the elections dept and renew my Deputy Registrar status for another two years. Yea!

Some county business does indeed go smoothly and on occasion the bureaucracy works like a fine-tuned watch.

I am grateful even if my arm hurts like the dickens.

11. nmlhats says:

Ok, peeps, here’s my update.

I am grateful even if my arm hurts like the dickens.

12. nmlhats — they now have your DNA and they’ve injected you with an RFID chip.

Cheers!