Dr Pepper + Teen Sex = OMG!

I was suffering through last night’s episode of “90120” when I saw this odd, glowing Dr Pepper logo prominently placed in a dramatic scene. (Since all scenes in “90210” are dramatic, forgive me for being unspecific.) My question: if the folks at Plano-based Dr Pepper Snapple Group are going after the “Frazier” crowd, can they really also go after the lusty types (myself excluded) who watch “90120”? For the record, I was watching “90120” because my wife watches the show. That’s a whole ‘nother blog entry in itself.

Comments

7 responses to “Dr Pepper + Teen Sex = OMG!”

1. mediawonk says:

I think more of the “lusty types” watch 90210. It’s probably a bad strategy to spend ad dollars on 90120 – Hollywood gossip has it canceled by March.

2. LouLou says:

Perhaps Dr. Pepper should consider offering their tasty beverage in more places outside of Texas before they start a national ad campaign!

3. El Rey says:

I like how all of the tweener / young adult oriented shows have actors (supposedly in High School) sipping cocktails at bars. When I was younger, I had trouble getting into bars and nightclubs, much less ordering a Johnny Walker and soda.

I hung out with the kids who got high and drank Dad’s Natural Light or Keystone out at the lake. Where is that TV show???

4. RT says:

Mmmm, Lori Laughlin…

5. BCeleste says:

Actually, Dr. Pepper states their core demographic is men aged 18-34, so yes, they can target the “lusty” types. IJS.

6. Don in Austin says:

Dude, get another TV. My wife and I diverged on TV show preference during the first year of American Idol. Save the co-watching for NCIS and movies.

7. Dave Moore says:

Good point about that second TV, except I fear I would never see my wife again (she has an aversion to the “Wings of the Luftwaffe” shows I tape).