Dallas GOP Chairman Lays Out His Party’s Problem — Frankly

Sam Merton Merten provides an excellent profile of Dallas GOP honcho Jonathan Neerman in the current Observer. I know Neerman. He’s the kind of party leader who is willing to confront reality. Surveying the current state of the party, he gives Merten the best summation of its problem I’ve seen:

“We spend way too much time worrying about shit that just doesn’t matter.”

Not just worrying about. Spouting off about and trying to win elections with.

Comments

11 responses to “Dallas GOP Chairman Lays Out His Party’s Problem — Frankly”

1. Dave says:

Wow. Neerman doesn’t mice words, but he hits the nail dead on. Glad I voted for him.

2. Dave says:

mince* words

3. Spellcheck alert!!

The proper spelling for Sam’s last name is –

“Merten”

Some of us are sensitive about how people spell our names.

4. matt says:

if a poorly communicated agenda is enough to get people to completely vote for the complete other end of the spectrum i would say we have bigger problems.

Though i tend to forget how mentally retarded the population at large proves to be on a daily basis.

5. JB says:

3 GOP stories in one day?

Wick – you must miss all the hyperbole and major comment threads of the presidential campaign?

You talk about how Neerman is someone who is willing to help his party head on… while you abandoned it.

I wonder what you think about Obama creating “The Clinton Years” all over again with every appointment he makes… from Rahm to Hillary in the state department.

Is this the change you were asking for?

I also wonder what you think of Russia’s current actions with the communist leaders of the world. Do you still believe we should just sit back?

Just wondering…

It’s the software used to help moderate the comments, RAB. It’s likely either a separate tool from the blog posting software, or the settings are different.

Is this the change you were asking for?

Yeah, all that peace, prosperity, and executive centrism was a real bummer, all right.

Probably, RAB, because we get mean here. Plus, the asterisks lend a certain air of mystery to hysterical diatribes from certain individuals that happen with such punctuality that with no mystery, would merely be rote.

9. Switzerland on the Sidelines says:

I saw RAB’s comments before they were deleted. They certainly weren’t as offensive as Daniel’s “Suck my sloppy seconds” comment to this post: http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2008/12/04/leading-off-120408/#comments

It’s hard to divine the editorial policy here — and baffling that the editors won’t elucidate them.

10. Julie says:

Thank god for Cathie Adams. People like her will ensure Democratic victories nationwide from here forward.

11. J.B. says:

I am not defending Clinton I am talking about the hypocritical actions of a man who for two years ran on “change” and against “Washington insiders” then places those same people in some of the most powerful positions.

I am also sure you believe in the mythical “Clinton surplus” also…