Comments

8 responses to “DMN‘s Miller Turns 85”

1. yvonne says:

Yes, he is and may I tell you he is a Charity’s best friend. Technically, he has probably raised more money than any Chairman of the Major Galas. His column is so well read and he gives the greatest creditability to any organization.

Thanks Glenn for the shout-out…he’s one of the good guys and we hope that that he never retires….

2. billh says:

Anyone who is or who has ever served on a non profit board in this city, knows that Robert Miller is indeed one of the good guys. Happy Birthday.

3. EricaRS says:

The Bob Miller column is the good news among all the bad we see today. From a PR pro perspective, he makes pitching so much more fun – never afraid to give you a hard time.

4. LakeWWWooder says:

I think it’s been a dozen years since I last dropped into visit Mr. Miller — yes you could still just go upstairs pretty easily back then..and it seems like yesterday. Congratulations Mr. Miller, even if you are a N.Dallas Bulldog!

5. Gwen says:

Watchout for the layouffs at DMN

6. Angry Johnny says:

Um, Gwen? That was last month.

7. Ahem! Bob Miller is most definitely a great guy and most definitely a fellow Sunset Bison! Back in my obit-writing/police reporting days at the News, he would recall his days in Oak Cliff. Since he was my weekend city editor and boss (and a fellow graduate), I figured it was wise to listen. Great editor, great columnist, great teacher. Happy birthday, Bob.

8. Bill Marvel says:

One of the smaller losses in leaving the News is no longer getting off DART in the morning and walking across the street with Bob listening to his curmudgeonly voice. It started my day.