Stacey Dorfman-Kivowitz Has a No-Good Terrible Day

Just now, outside our office, came a loud screech, quickly followed by a commensurate crunch. Within seconds, a gaggle of onlookers had formed to gawk at a crunched Maserati (in the parking lot, damage to left rear). Don’t know who was at fault. Can’t say anything about the driver of the gold car, except that said driver looked to be unhurt. But the vanity plate on the Maserati caught my eye: RTIR. The internets talked to me and said the car belongs to Stacey Dorfman-Kivowitz, proprietor of Sheers. So if you see her tonight, she could probably use a hug.

Comments

17 responses to “Stacey Dorfman-Kivowitz Has a No-Good Terrible Day”

1. Bob says:

Good ‘ol PublicData… like a magic 8 ball of the Information Super Highway.

2. John says:

Poor thing, it always ruins my day when I wreck my Masarati. Wait…

3. drew says:

The gold Corolla belongs to a guy named Joel Barish.

4. Katherine says:

Too bad it was not a Prius.

5. amandacobra says:

I always think it’s funny when people in Dallas refer to a Maserati as an impossibly expensive exotic supercar like a McLaren SLR or an Aston Martin DB9 when a Quattroporte is about the same price as those godawful loaded Range Rover Sports that are sitting to your right and left at every stop light in Uptown. Mind you, I’d have the Maserati over the Range Rover Sport any day of the week.

Now if you see ANYONE hit a vintage Maserati Bora, you have every right to lower the flags and take the day off work.

6. Dallasite says:

I’m only speaking for myself of course, but after looking at the picture on Sheer’s website, I’d reluctantly be willing to volunteer to give Ms Kivowitz a hug.

7. MIssing Dots says:

Thanks for the link. Usually the only links on this site lead to Chuck E. Cheese’s wannabe blog. Keep em grounded.

8. Spamboy says:

She was cutting it close with that wreck. (insert rimshot here)

9. Color us dim, but what does RTIR mean? The closest I can figure out is “retire,” but if she owns a store, she’s hardly retired.

10. Puddin'Tane says:

But what this has to do with women’s skivvies I have no idea!

Presumably, she doesn’t drive a car she can’t afford to have damaged in the ordinary course of human events. I’m not getting why she deserves any more sympathy than the driver of the gold car — provided she’s unhurt, as well. If this is going to break the bank for her, then she’s a fool for driving such a car.

Minor car accidents happen every day.

12. James says:

My grandma always said, “make sure you have clean underwear on…in case you get in a wreck”

13. cobra says:

forget the cars…who hit the street light?

14. Not Quite... says:

While I agree that a Maserati Quattroporte isn’t a Mercedes McLaren SLR, it is almost $40K more than a Range Rover, $60K more than a Range Rover Sport, and the same price as an Aston Martin Vantage…..

And the Bora? Hideously ugly. Give me a Miura.

15. Meredith says:

Why does anyone care about this anyway?

If posting = caring, you do, too, IJS.