Cuban Session Gets Rain-Checked

Just got word that Saturday’s Uncle Barky Show with Mavs owner Mark Cuban at Stratos Greek Taverna has been postponed and will be rescheduled later. Why? Something about some big hurricane headed toward Texas.

UPDATE: Bark now says Cuban’s appearance has officially been rescheduled for Saturday, Oct. 4, at 4 p.m. at Stratos. Let’s hope it’s sunny out that day.

Comments

10 responses to “Cuban Session Gets Rain-Checked”

1. dave little says:

Is Stratos located in or near Galveston?

2. Dave Thomas says:

Oops. The track of the storm will take it east of our area meaning we’ll get little to no rain this weekend.

Actually, according to unclebarky.com, he canceled it because it would be “unseemly to do the show while many Texans nearer to Hurricane Ike are reeling from what could be extensive damage.”

So it was out of sensitivity, not fear of rain.

4. dave little says:

That doesn’t make sense. Are movie theatres going to shut down, too?

Hey, I’m not gonna question a guy’s good intentions, unless it’s going to cause me to burst into flames or something.

6. dave little says:

why not do it and collect money for the red cross at the same time? your culottes are on fire.

7. amandacobra says:

I’ve decided to put off paying my cable bill this week out of respect to the people of Galveston who may be without cable for the upcoming weeks in the wake of Ike.

I didn’t say I agreed with him, but I’m not gonna question someone’s conscience, or what makes him or her uncomfortable.

9. dave little says:

i smell smoke.

10. Ed Bark says:

When we decided to cancel it, Thursday evening, it was very unclear how much of an impact Hurricane Ike would have here in D-FW. So rather than have people risking accidents, etc. — or greatly diminishing the turnout — we decided to be safe and cancel.

Since I write about TV, it also occurred to me that I might want to cover the Hurricane Ike coverage Saturday, which I did on unclebarky.com. And yes, there also was sensitivity at the time to those who might have been killed or made homeless by Ike. So the whole idea of letting the show go on just seemed like bad timing all around. It’s been quickly rescheduled to Oct. 4.

Sorry if this isn’t snarky enough.