Why Is the Secret Service in Town?

A running FrontBurnervian encountered an interesting sight yesterday on his morning jog:

The wife and I were running along Miramar yesterday morning at around 8:30, and in the 3700 block we encountered two Secret Service guys (black suits, ear thing going down into their collars) standing on someone’s driveway. I said “hi” to them as I ran by, but they didn’t respond. Then we saw two more Secret Service dudes sitting in a Suburban parked at the curb. Who was/is in town?

Comments

17 responses to “Why Is the Secret Service in Town?”

1. Idunno says:

Laura Bush probably, house hunting. She dined 2 tables down last week at Stephan Pyles whilst doing our RW thing.

2. MJL says:

Since you mention Laura Bush, is anyone in town organizing a “not-in-my-backyard” sort of protest to GWB moving here? I’d love to hold a sign and shake my fist.

3. Brandon says:

Have fun with that.

4. WWWgrad says:

I had a similar run-in. Yesterday morning I went to settle a speeding ticket at HP town hall — damn you speed trap on Mockingbird heading to Love. As I pulled up at 8am, I saw about 8 cop cars, the Love Field K9 unit, 2 “West Wing” looking gentlemen and about 15 cops hanging around out front — Dallas PD and HPPD. I asked the clerk inside what was going on and she said Laura Bush was in town house hunting again. It was a pretty big “to-do”.

5. dave little says:

I saw a 2008 Black Suburban racing down Lovers Lane but it turned out to be a 16 year old Highland Park student
    on his way to Bubba’s.

6. publicnewsense says:

I’ll bet it’s the X-Files people checking on reports of odd things in the Park Cities…

7. Long Memory says:

HPL: HP will welcome W. They can have him. But when brother Neil comes around, the neighbors better lock up their daughters.

8. Jay says:

Dave, why does the color of the Suburban matter? Can’t it just be a Suburban?

9. Wes Mantooth says:

This discussion is going down a black hole.

10. dave little says:

I’m sorry. You’re right. It was a Negro Suburban.

11. Spamboy says:

Maybe they were there because of Chet Edwards — his name’s getting buzz due to Obama’s VP pick today.

12. Jason says:

I saw her and her posse driving down Swiss Avenue recently.

13. Aunt Pittypat says:

War Criminals in Dallas! However did they get here?

14. Jack E. Jett says:

Dear Pittypat

I think they were on their way to the Baths.
    The Bush family will add so much to our community when they relocate to Dallas.
    I really think the city will get a big lift just from them being here. Of course he will be very busy with speaking engagements. Tourist will be flocking to the city where George Bush lives and John Kennedy died.

15. rollin says:

Why is the Secret Service in town?

Because you’ve just been elected douchebag of the united states?

16. KRM says:

MJL, there is a not in my backyard meeting planned. Actually, it is in your backyard. And, your neighbors are going to ask YOU to move, hippy.

17. MJL says:

KRM: I think my neighbors have decided against the meeting and have just moved on towards organizing a fund-raising drive to get me out of here. Maybe you are one of my neighbors? Give generously!