My Morning Jacket Two Mornings Later

(To post or not to post … Hmm. On the one hand, Pete Freedman at DC9 at Night already blogged about Erykah Badu’s guest appearance at the My Morning Jacket concert. And those who care probably saw that already, or, heck, they were probably at the Palladium for Saturday night’s concert and saw it first-hand. Then again, the song is really good on its own merits and even better live. Plus, who knows, that one song could be like a touchstone event for Dallas music for years to come. Or not. Stereogum’s got video, and I like linking to Stereogum. Hmm. What to do, what to do.)

Comments

11 responses to “My Morning Jacket Two Mornings Later”

1. Blogjacker says:

Bravo for a music post. I sure woulda like to see a shout out for the nifty Hold Steady gig at the Cavern the other week.

2. Marci says:

does anyone know of a DECENT local music blog? I’m a total music junkie..local music especially.

3. Bobby Ewing says:

Hold Steady was at the Loft, not the Cavern. No one should be at the black lung of the Cavern.

weshotjr.com
    pegasusnews.com/living/music/
    quickdfw.com/localmusic/

4. Zac Crain says:

Good question, Marci.

I love We Shot JR, but admittedly it’s not for everyone.

Cindy Chaffin’s Fine Line Live was a bit cheerleader-y, but had a heavy local music focus. I think she’s pretty much shut it down, though.

Gorilla Vs. Bear is another good one, but again, not for everyone, and not extremely local.

Other than that? BigDLittled doesn’t do much. There’s the Observer blog, too, but that can be kind of hit and miss (too much stuff gets posted because it’s got a local connection, not because it’s good).

I don’t know. What else am I missing?

5. Marci says:

Thank you thank you thank you! πŸ™‚

6. Marci says:

the bigdlittled person moved away – hence they don’t really get into the dallas scene that much..i miss that site. πŸ™

i checked out the ones “bobby” offered…and the quickdfw site seems to keep most up to date….

maybe i should start one. hehe πŸ™‚

7. md says:

the local blogscape is a mirror of the scene itself.

8. Hunter says:

Hey Marci, my name is Shameless: nightlifeblog.quickdfw.com

9. Crazy Jeff says:

Zac is right-Cindy has shut down Fine Line Live, but she is posting music related stuff at her new blog-lifeoutsidethebubble.com

other local music blogs:

Ghost of Blind Lemon-ghostofblindlemon.blogspot.com

Adventures in Live Music-adventuresinlivemusic.blogspot.com

A History of Dallas Music-myspace.com/historyofdallasmusic

Denton Rock City isn’t a blog-it’s a message board, but many of Denton’s esteemed musicians post on there, and certain threads are really insightful-dentonrockcity.com

and if you want to hear the worst podcast in Dallas-crazyjeffshow.com

10. Zac Crain says:

Yes, sorry Hunter. Crazy Jeff has good recs, too.

11. Marci says:

yayyy thanks guys….i think i found a few that will keep me in the know. πŸ™‚

hunter – really enjoy that blog, i’m glad your shameless. πŸ™‚