Comments

17 responses to “McClatchy Announces Wage Freeze”

1. IAB says:

oh no! Did the Star T layoff the DFW Hobos? Los DFW Lobos??? What was the name of the web based news show they had that Tim linked us to a few months ago?! DFW Mo Show? It was a young dude and a girl doing a few minutes of Talk Soup like local news. Anyone remember or am I going LoCo?

2. Mike says:

EVEN BIGGER NEWS, GANNET SHEDS 1,000!
    I love it! The liberal media is crumpling…
    Muh-ha-ha-ha!

Yes. The USA Today is known as a bastion of liberals and pinko commies.

4. Tom says:

I’d say the “crumpling” is more a result of rising costs, declining ad revenue and a hesitation to cut back on high-paid executives than a right-wing revolt against the media. Contrary to popular belief, this “mental recession” is taking hold everywhere.

5. KC says:

Dear IAB,

Ye shall find the answers ye seeketh behind the door labeled “KC and John.”

But, IAB, in answer to your last question: Going? Are you sure that’s the correct tense of that verb?

7. Zac Crain says:

Hmmm. I guess you can’t throw more than three links in a post that short.

8. publicnewsense says:

Mike, you are such a mammoth idiot that I would not be surprised to learn that you are in newspaper management in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

9. publicnewsense says:

I see ******S replaced the word I used to describe Mike and it makes it look like I called him a dirty word. I didn’t. I used the term that usually follows “syphlitic” and precedes “savant.” So I didn’t call him a nasty word, just an accurate word. Use an i, followed by a d, then another i and an o and end with a t. It also describes this censoring system, obviously designed by a syphlitic idiot who mades with diseased mules.

10. publicnewsense says:

Mates. Not mades. But you get the picture, for which I apologize to all the mules in the world.

11. Richard says:

Wage freeze: Why do people think that salaries should be a line on a lineal curve that only goes up.

Life doesn’t work that way, at least not for most people including me. Business/profits/fortunes/work energy/smart decisions ebb and flow and shouldn’t the compensation of individuals do that too?

The newspaper and magazine business is not dead nor will it die anytime soon.

12. Jason says:

Tom, I noticed one of TDMN’s Summer Book Club people announcing their public meeting scheduled for 2:00 PM today at 2:27 PM on their blog. Maybe that sort of ordinary everyday crumpling adds up to some of the other crumpling.

It must have been a short meeting. Trey was busy telling us Dallas sucks at 2:53.

14. IAB says:

duh, I should have noticed the tags for this post. DaFoWo show. It sounds more like a Korean car than a basket of tacos.

15. buck says:

Hey, my first car was a ’63 DaFoWo. Pushbutton transmission.

16. Sue says:

Mike I am glad you are so happy at others misfortunes. It seems you have as much compassion as a dog turd. Sometimes wisdon shows itself in silence, I see you have a definite lack.

17. Mike says:

Sue,

If the truth hurts…now that’s my kind
    of S&M.