Mavs Salvage Off-Season, Re-sign Devean George

The details: two years, roughly $4 million total. The reason: the payment for my half-season tickets has already been processed and is too late to take back. Here’s what you have to look forward to from George this season: a week or so of missed time due to some sort of stomach ailment; one game in December when he contributes decent defense and goes 4 of 6 from the field and everyone talks about what a “glue guy” he is and brings up his championship experience; around a dozen DNP-CDs (that’s “did not play-coach’s decision,” for non-nerds); one carefully worded statement about his frustration with his lack of playing time; and about 47 trade scenarios involving him that ultimately don’t pan out.

As you can see in the photo, even George is upset by this turn of events.

Comments

10 responses to “Mavs Salvage Off-Season, Re-sign Devean George”

1. amandacobra says:

Anyone remember when Devean George starts and they are doing the player introductions and he busts out his “signature” move? The “barking bulldog” move? Anyone? Anyone? No? Ok, I’ll keep moving.

2. amandacobra says:

Also, I like that you found a picture of Najera doing what he did best while he was a Mav, namely falling down and trying to get the call.

3. Droopydave says:

I don’t understand how they expect to get better by re-signing Desegana Diop and freakin’ Devin George. It didn’t work before; it ain’t gonna work now.

4. Nigel Tufnel says:

Am I the only one who remembers that he’s the jackhole who originally torpedoed the Jason Kidd trade? Wait, maybe that would have worked out better for the Mavs…

5. Well this must mean that the Mavs are completely sold old of tickets b/c they don’t care about what fans think.

6. JimK says:

I bet two words are going through Mark Cuban’s mind right about now:

Exit. Strategy.

That, or he just can’t stand to admit to making a mistake.

You make the call.

7. JS says:

I’ve got some Mavs tickets for sale. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

8. dave little says:

This just in: Mavs resign Jim Spanarkel, then ask him to spell his last name.

9. Abdul Jeelani says:

I’ve still got my shorts, if they’ve still got a roster spot. I can help this team.

10. amandacobra says: