Joshua Allen Wins “So You Think You Can Dance”

\I don’t know about you, but I have a lot of friends who get really into “So You Think You Can Dance”. I watched it with two of my girlfriends (one of which is the event producer of local program Dance Club 21) Wednesday night, and come to find out, there were two local dancers (who also appeared on Dance Club 21) on the show this season. Who knew? Anyhow, the finale was last night and one of the Dallas dancers won. Joshua Allen (who has had no formal training) not only won the entire competition but also seems to have won the hearts of many along the way. Follow the jump to read a statement from Leigh Lowery, CBS 11/TXA 21 Sales Marketing Manager:

Josh Allen (AKA “Batman”) and competitor Comfort Fedoke (AKA “C.O.”) both won dance competitions here in Dallas before their national debut.

Josh and Comfort performed on TXA21’s hip-hop dance program, Dance Club
21, and not surprisingly, they were both winners on the show!

Even after he stopped competing, Josh continued to attend the Dance Club 21 tapings to support the show! Comfort (aka “C.O.”) became a regular dancer and has appeared on the program for the past three years.

I’m so excited for what the future holds for these two. Josh is probably the most gracious, humble and talented individual I’ve ever met. He’s a bright light and is so deserving of everything he has accomplished. His was not an overnight success; Josh has worked hard to reach this point. He had the support of loving parents, who were always by his side, and he earned the respect of the other participants on Dance Club 21, who could see that he is a true talent.

Comments

8 responses to “Joshua Allen Wins “So You Think You Can Dance””

1. Brandon says:

Dance Club 21. Kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and they had the 21 Kids Club.

2. CINDY CORMIER says:

JOSHUA- YOU ARE TRULY AMAZING-
    I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU !!!!!
    I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU WILL DO NEXT ! I PRAY GOD BLESSES YOU WITH A LONG & HAPPY LIFE ! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ! I CHOSE YOU TO WIN THE VERY MINUTE YOU WERE AUDITIONING. BUT NO ONE ELSE BELIEVED ME – THAT YOU WOULD WIN. I AM HAPPY THAT YOU ALSO WON THE MONEY AND EVERYTHING ELSE ! I’M ALSO HAPPY THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOUR FAMILY. OH, AND “YOUR DADDY HAS NICE BUNS, TOO ! ” HAHAHAHA… LOVE,
    ME. { KEEP THE LOVE INSIDE OF YOU }
    CONGRATULATIONS !!!
    THANK YOU- YOU MADE MY HEART HAPPY.

3. Patrick says:

what constitutes as “no formal training” because when they do a background story on Joshua he starts talking about taking ballet class over football… ect.. Isn’t that some form of training? even if its the basics.

4. Cheyenne says:

Josh You are the MOST Beautiful person I have ever known….I Thank God you won you deserved it…You have the most deepest soul passioned eyes…You have a humerous personality and Most of all you LOVE very deeply….Iam so Blessed to have been able to watch you perform you changed my life….You gave me hope and Inspiration…..With Deep Love Cheyenne I palm Coast Florida email [email protected] Iam hoping to one day get an autograph to cherish

5. Michelle says:

WTG Joshua glad we were able to get those donated buttons to you in time!
    WTG Macbutton Magic in Arlington , Texas for making and donating all those photo buttons you saw on everyone on TV….
    For more information on autographed Joshua Allen buttons contact Michelle Macintosh at 817-469-8500..

6. Sha says:

Congratulations to Joshua. I did not know who won the competition. You seemed to be truly into everything thing that was required of you to do. All of the contestants did a wonderful job and for you to come out on top with all of that talent is a blessing in itself.

7. Kathy Brown says:

Help me…please! How can I get an autograph from Joshua Allen? Last year my 12 year old granddaughter followed ever moment of SYTYCD, stood in line to get tickets to the concert in Tulsa and stood even longer in line after the concert to get Joshua’s autograph (he signed it on back of a Nigel dollar). Her puppy chewed it up! She is heartbroken..it meant sooo much to her. Can anyone tell me how to get his autograph? Thanks so very much. A loving grandmother in Tulsa, Oklahoma.