Leading Off (8/29/08)

1. The Cowboys won their last pre-season game. But they lost receiver Sam Hurd for an indeterminate period of time. At this point, I think Jerry has to follow the plan Tim and I came up with: sign Usain Bolt. He’s a free agent, right?

2. Two city employees were hurt when a crane fell on a pump station near the Trinity River. That’s the third crane accident in the last few months. Fourth, if you count the speeding ticket I got in HP yesterday when I didn’t realize I was in a school zone.

3. That part of the southern end of the Tollway that’s been really confusing for months is now less so.

Comments

10 responses to “Leading Off (8/29/08)”

1. Jay says:

2 = Genius

2. Sway says:

I agree with Jay…a much needed chuckle came as I scanned to the bottom and realized Zac posted Leading Off today!!! Thanks for the laugh!

3. Wes Mantooth says:

I know that you’re only semi-serious, and that he could make millions more as an intenational track superstar than the pittance that Jerry would pay to a speculative pick, but Usain Bolt might not even be eligible to play in the NFL:

4. m2thej says:

where’s the post on McCain’s choice? -insert jokes here-

5. El Rey says:

1a. I like the end of the article, where it says football coaches are going to be sending scouts to Jamaica. Good move.

1b. But can he catch a football?

3. Praise the Tollway Jebus!

@ m2thej: Obama’s thunder suddenly stopped rolling…

6. Spamboy says:

1 = I hear BigFoot’s available…

7. ROJ says:

Fax me your ticket

8. Dubious Brother says:

Has Wick dumped B. Hussein now that Sarah Palin has been picked by McCain. Brilliant move, better experience than BHO and has real ideas.

9. CR says:

Did you get that ticket southbound on Hillcrest right after the Hillcrest / Mockingbird intersection? If you did, that school zone light (the one at the beginning of the school zone) wasn’t flashing…it’s been out for a week and HP police are frequently there waiting for unsuspecting drivers.

Sounds like a legit “get-out-of-jail-where-they-serve-bubbas-chicken-free card.” But maybe you wanna go to that jail…around lunch or dinner time.

10. Zac Crain says:

Unfortunately, no. It was right after I passed that intersection, then speciously decided to cut down Abbott.