Leading Off (8/25/08)

1. A rare good-news DISD story from the Morning News about the district’s new Early College High School. I’ll give it three months before they learn the vice principal took a district car on a date or something, and swing for the knees.

2. If Eric and Spider Monkey actually make it to Denver, maybe they can file reports like this one, courtesy of Dave Levinthal, about the young Democrat party scene.

3. What heartwarming medical story do you want to read more about: the Dallas sheriff’s deputy who delivered a baby on I-45, or the 11-year-old Park Cities kid who got a kidney from his favorite summer camp counselor? Fine, you get both.

Comments

11 responses to “Leading Off (8/25/08)”

1. Spamboy says:

I would have been more impressed if the deputy had delivered an 11-year-old kidney at summer camp.

2. Dallasite says:

Are you sure it wasn’t an 11 year old park cities kid, who got pregnant by her favorite summer camp counselor, having a baby on I-45?

Or an 11-year-old camp counselor who got pregnant by a Park Cities kidney.

4. DGirl says:

Awesome, awesome story about Ryan Michael and Ryan Nixon.

5. Louisa Meyer, Dallas ISD parent since 1993 says:

I heart MACARENA HERNÁNDEZ who also brought us the Adamson series.

6. skeptic says:

A rare cool day in hell – TDMN prints something positive about anything DISD.

Instead of positive, I’d settle for accurate.

*Accuracy requires an actual visit to a DISD campus.

7. dallasnewsgirl says:

Skeptic,

Accuracy may require an actual visit to a DISD campus but, in the times we’ve tried to do so, they turn their po-pos loose on us. We’re only welcome for their dog-and-pony shows.

8. skeptic says:

I haven’t noticed any po-pos except during classroom hours. There are after-school and before-school events, you know. I’ve personally invited TDMN people to those and they never show. Maybe they are at Louie’s.

Do you let secretaries sandbag you if you want to get an interview with someone at a business?

9. Callie says:

Hey Gang, it was my husband who gave the kidney. I can say with total accuracy it was an incredible story. Might be wise to think that there are actual people on the other side of those stories before you offer up your ‘wise’ comments. Thanks!

10. Spamboy says:

@Callie Might also be wise on your part to understand that noone meant any harm by said comments.

11. Hope says:

Hope we will learn to commend the HEROS in our midst. Hope that your lives will not be touched by life or death situations. Hope that if it does, people will not mock with sarcasm and ridiculous remarks that hurt our heros families and friends.