Leading Off (8/13/08)

1. This story sounds a bit like The Music Man. Only, playing the roll of Professor Harold Hill is Martín Dávila, who may or may not be a Catholic bishop. He comes to town and starts performing sacraments for which he may or may not be charging money. Wick, I guess that makes you Mayor George Shinn. (Thank you, Wikipedia!)

2. Think you want to be a Rangers beat writer? Okay, so imagine you are Evan Grant. You just watched the team lose 19-17 in Boston. You’re back in your hotel room. Then you’ve got to post a video blog. Do you like your gig? Wait, that’s not the question. Do you like your job?

3. Ray Washburne et al. have acquired Rockfish, because former owner Randy DeWitt wants to focus on his Twin Peaks breastaurant. Who can blame him?

Comments

18 responses to “Leading Off (8/13/08)”

1. brad says:

The Greggo reference gets me every time.

Then who is Marian the Librarian?

3. Towski says:

How odd that George Shinn is also the name of the owner of the New Orleans Hornets.

From the Cheryl Hall article:

Twin Peaks walks a fine line with the double entendres, Mr. DeWitt says.

A class operation all the way.

5. Thanks, Tim, by calling it a breastaurant, you’ve all but made sure my bride will never let me go in their to eat, get a drink of water, or anything else.

We go to the Applebee’s in Mesquite, and TP is right next door and I always jokingly wonder aloud that we might should try their food and then chastised get shot down on the idea. Now it will NEVER happen. Jeez.

6. El Rey says:

Daddy C.,
    You gotta just let your lady know that no matter what you look at, you faithfully always come home to her. Sorta like Ol’ Yeller, but hopefully without the rabies…

If that fails, then just give up and continue watching those Lifetime movies with her. You might want to turn the volume up on the TV to drown out the sound of your manhood shriveling up.

7. @ El Rey, I’m just going to sit back and watch people like Bethany, Amanda, et al verbally beat up your manhood for saying such.

8. Jay says:

re: 2)

Best. Cam. Girl. Ever.

Just lie, Daddy Claxton. Who the hell’s in charge?

If a 5-year-old can figure out how to sneak over to Hooters, surely a grown man can figure out how to get to Twin Peaks without being missed, IJS.

11. Trey Garrison says:

Re: 2)

“Huh-huh, naw, Mongo straight.”

12. amandacobra says:

I am assuming you know the difference between Amanda and amandacobra. Because amandacobra thinks a breastaurant sounds way more entertaining than Applebarfingbees.

And I’d only watch Lifetime if they made a movie about the Mormon sex kidnapping dog cloning lady.

13. Evan Grant says:

Tim: NOBODY wants to imagine being me. Just ask Nancy. But, hey, thanks for the plug anyway. It should have come with a label, however, warning female viewers to cover their eyes. Love ya. Mean it.

14. KR says:

Does this mean that Rockfish will become a part of the M Group stable of concepts like Micocina and Taco Diner? Washburne is a key investor in M Group.

15. El Rey says:

Not beat up yet… The girls learned they can’t beat me up on the playground years ago. I ran faster than they did.

The girls learned that they can beat me up on the playground years ago, and that I like it.

Very.

Much.

17. @ El Rey, just when you think it’s safe to go back into the Web waters, watch out for a snark bite.

18. jrp says: