Joyce Foreman: Dwaine Caraway is “Leppert’s Head Negro Watcher”

Now that, folks, is what we call a hot sports opinion. Foreman, a former DART board member, issued that line on her blog yesterday in a post about Ann Lott’s ouster from the Dallas Housing Authority. (Thanks, Dave.) Wow.

UPDATE: Foreman has more to say in the comments after the click-through. And Jim Schutze has a take here, which we’ll happily link to even though, unless I’m reading it wrong, he calls us out a little bit.

Comments

19 responses to “Joyce Foreman: Dwaine Caraway is “Leppert’s Head Negro Watcher””

1. Roscoe Purvis Coltrane says:

I predict this will make it on The View. G-g-g

2. mm says:

To parrot Bill Blazejowski in “Night Shift”: “They have that?”

It got better after that. Betty Culbreath responded, then Foreman responded back…

Can someone help Joyce Foreman resize her picture in aspect, btw?

4. J Paul says:

Joyce hitting the cactus juice?

5. BJ says:

Everybody knows that Dwaine is like Tequila, you have to take him with a grain of salt. But one thing is for sure, Dwaine is nobody’s BOY!

Shame on you Joyce for your double standard. Nobody cast aspersions at you when you were getting a PAYCHECK from Darrell Jordan.

Oh wait, Dwaine is not being paid by the Mayor. is that what make him a “Negro” in your eyes, he is not being compensated for his services?

Well Joyce, we all know the name for women who only give it up for money.

6. Dwaine has five Dallas town hall meetings in the months of August and September. I encourage y’all to come out.

If you would like to meet him for yourself instead of reading about baseless attacks, the dates & times are on his website.

7. Zac Crain says:

Well said, well spoken, Mike.

8. SLR says:

Zac:

Which is it?

9. Joyce Foreman says:

BJ

I was a paid consultant for Darrell Jordan,and I never tried to hide that from anyone. Michael Davis also wanted to be paid by Darrell Jordan. I believe that Darrell is a good man and would have been a great mayor. I also worked against the Trinity vote and have worked on other campaigns as a paid consultant.

You stated that no one cast aspersions on me when I worked for Darrell Jordan. That is an incorrect statement. I was told that I was working on the wrong team by some of the African Americans on the Leppert Team.

“Everyone knows Dwaine is like Tequilla,you have to take him with a grain of salt.” That was well stated by you.

10. mm says:

@Bethany: the Observer blog resized the photo. So that’s settled.

But not on her blog…

12. mm says:

They can’t do everything.

13. Ed Bankstone says:

The point of her website is…what?

It must be tough to be old, alone, and out of the public eye, and irrelevant.

It’s all about attention – when those that are used to it don’t have it and they have no power all they have is bitterness.

Last week you were on TV about that stupid DISD lawsuit…now it’s this. Do you need a man or to be held at night or something?

You and your suited-up goons held down the black people for years. The hood coming up and now you mad?

She sounds like an old washed-up salesman that that heckles the #1 guy when he gets the award at the company dinner. Like Jack Lemmon in Glengarry Glen Ross. (Third prize is…you’re fired.)

When one is bounced off of the corporate teat, the fall must hurt.

14. Joyce Foreman says:

I checked the Dallas County Elections website for a registered voter named Ed Bankstone. No such person is registered to vote. Either you do not care enough about voting or you are hiding your identity. If you are hiding your identity, you should be a man or woman and identify yourself. If you are not a registered voter, please do so and then comment.

15. Frontburner’s always there when you need a good laugh on a Friday. Since we don’t have our FB Friday Fun like usual I guess this thread will have to do.

Now I know what Cory Booker felt like when he went up against the Sharpe James regime in Newark.

This is like the John McCain Britney Spears ad…with all of the real issues going on THIS is what we’re talking about. This is what happens when we start focusing inward instead of thinking about how the community can improve, even if we’re not part of everything that goes down.

First thing: the baseless ad hominem attack, which was the basis of my comment on the thread, was never addressed (unless you count the tin-foil hat crew at the Dallas Observer as a source). Silence speaks volumes.

Second thing, I’ve known Darrell Jordan for years, and that was way before he ran for Mayor last year. He’s a good guy who deserves better, a class act. I don’t get mad about who does and doesn’t want me on their campaign. I’ve seen him since the Mayor’s race and we’re good.

I think my track record on campaigns is pretty good the past few years…basically everybody I helped in the last 2-3 years is in office. Most campaigns I work on I volunteer, so we can get good people in office. As a prominent Dallas leader once told me a few months back, “we don’t need any more consultants, we need leaders.”

Third thing, I’ve known all of the people that write on D for a while, some of them for years. They know my character and what I’m about. I’m among friends. So I don’t think anything you can write will change their mind but have at it.

You can’t please everyone.

16. The last thing I will say on the Ann Lott resigning is, she did what was best for her and her family. As a Board member I cannot and will not discuss a personnel issue.What Joyce has put out here are personal attacks on me the Mayor and two Councilpersons whom I have not spoken with about Ms.Lott or any other matter. Nobody in the Board meeting knew Ms.Lott was going to resign so how was it a set-up as Joyce would have you believe.
    Joyce is so full of Hate that she makes silly statements, one of which about me.”Leppert going to ditch me now that he used me to get rid of Ann” my term ended March 06,2008 Leppert ask me to stay on , how in the hell can he ditch me? I am not like Joyce Foreman I made a name for myself in my Profession and Public Service on the side.I worked for my living not kissing ass from here to there flunking for anybody with a dollar. I get a great Retirement and Thank the Lord Social Security and Medicare and looking for other work. When you are full of hate, unhappy, broke, not appointed to a Board so you can get free Business cards and have a title it makes you sick.Please Get Well Soon JOYCE!

17. Joyce Foreman says:

Betty

In all of your rambling, it is interesting that you mention broke. The fallout from the DART board appointment was that I lost contracts, and this was done by the people who wanted Lynn Flint Shaw to be the Chair of DART and Lynn Flint Shaw. It was said that it was done to punish me and cripple my business. What do you know about that?

Through the years and I been reluctant to take business cards because they are clutter, and to set the record straight, I have not received not one contract because I was on the DART board. NOT ONE. Since I have been off the board for over a year, I can now contract with DART or the city(I do follow the rules).

I do not hate anyone. I do hate the actions that some people take against others and I have the right to speakout if I choose.

18. Joyce Foreman says:

Betty

Through the years I have been reluctant to take business cards because they are clutter, and to set the record straight, I have not received not one contract because I was on the DART board. NOT ONE. Since I have been off the board for over a year, I can now contract with DART or the city(I do follow the rules).