Gas in Dallas is “Cheap” (Today)

Yesterday, I paid $3.48 a gallon to fill up my car and thought that was a deal. Today, Racetrack on Lemmon, between the Tollroad and Inwood, is selling a gallon for $3.28. Back to you, Eric.

Comments

48 responses to “Gas in Dallas is “Cheap” (Today)”

1. Sway says:

The 7-11 by my house has there gas going down at least 3 times a day, right now they are sitting at $3.28. Yesterday it dropped 7 cents throughout the day.

2. allison says:

Why does God hate me? Gas drops no less than 10 cents every time I get a full tank these days.

3. Tim says:

Oh no, this recession is really, REALLY bad. Gas isn’t going to drop, and it’s probably going to top $5.00 by the end of the year. Frisco an McKinney will drop off the face of the Earth as everybody moves back to the Park Cities (to save the gas money). Gas in the three dollar range is a thing of the past.

4. fruitdog says:

Good thing nobody around here panicked and overpaid for for a Prius…

oh wait.

5. John M says:

I just paid a little over $4 a gallon because I’m a procrastinator and realized I was completely out of gas as I was pulling my 16mpg, premium requiring coupe out of my parking garage.

Damn you Shell on McKinney Ave, I hate you for being so damn convenient and charging me through my nose for that convenience.

6. James says:

The station in Snyder Plaza gets me like that every once in a while. Kills me to get out of that area and see gas for fifty cents cheaper.

7. He Kexin says:

allison
    To help predict if gas is going to go up or down, go to Insideautomotive.com. On the left side of the page are gas and oil prices from the previous week. On the right are the current prices for the day. Bloomberg is the site I use, but it can make your head hurt. Remember to add 45 to 50 cents to that prices for taxes and profit.
    Tom
    It’s called speculators(goldmansachs) trying to manipulate the market through the media.

8. allison says:

That’s too much work when I’m on empty.

I’ve noticed that Racetrack and QT are generally the go-to places for cheap gas.

10. Davie Dave says:

That and the QT and Racetrack offer free air. (I will leave that post at that and let the remarks fly)

You mean they’ll blow you for free?

12. Tom Erickson says:

Shh. Don’t tell T. Boone Pickens. I think he’s trying to figure out a way to get free air and then charge other people for it.

13. James says:

^ Actually, he is trying to figure out how to ship Dallas air to the Panhandle so and charge people in Amarillo to breathe it.

14. He Kexin says:

That’s what my parents said. It’s easy if you check it once a day. That way you have an idea what prices are doing. Some times it saves me 5 cents a gallonor more. I also use dallasgasprices.com. Walmart gas is also cheap. What can I say, I have 2 kids and all money saved goes to the college fund.

15. Puddin'Tane says:

James: that post just made my day.

16. Towski says:

Gas prices are coming down? Energy crisis averted, then!

17. PR says:

Thank you George W. Bush for reducing the cost of gasoline!

(Must give him credit for the reduction since the media and left wingers blamed him for the prices when they were rising)

I couldn’t help it. It was just sitting there, waiting for someone to pick it up.

19. He Kexin says:

We should be drilling more in LA. There’s 18 billion barrels of oil in the ground in that location. Bush has to get gas where it was when he became president before I thank him.

20. T Sizzle or Fizzle says:

The recession he has taken part in causing is generally accepted as being credited with the falling gas prices. High energy prices and an expanding economy are better in so many ways than lower energy costs and a contracting one.

21. T Sizzle or Fizzle says:

He being W in the above post.

22. jrp says:

with my $0.10/gallon discount due to spending $50 or more at Tom Thumb, i just filled the civic’s tank for $3.16 a gallon

still $3.26 a gallon ain’t bad

another perk to living in Oak Cliff: no price gouging

23. jrp says:

CORRECTION: $3.26 was post $0.10 discount

but $3.36/gallon is still lower than the other side of the river

24. He Kexin says:

t sizzle
    That’s a load of bull. We had as much gasoline and oil in our inventory as we did in 1992. Just recently govt. regulators reported that 85% of oil futures had been held by speculators.

25. Jason says:

@Tom

Actually, T. Boone was still right. He said in October of 2007 that the only way gas would go down at this point is if we entered a recession.

View the video for yourself:

26. East Dallas Eccentric says:

I probably won’t have to buy gasoline until the middle of next month. Any predictions on the price then?

27. He Kexin says:

Do you think we would be in a recession if gas were $1.50 a gallon? Cheaper fuel and cheaper food. More money for the consumer to spend. The price of oil is hard to predict when the market is broken. Last week the US oil inventory increased by 9 million barrels yet oil prices increased because Goldman Sachs stated that they still beleaved that oil would be at $150 a barrel by years end.

28. He Kexin says:

If we don’t have any major storms or global violence it should go down. Winter fuel is cheaper to make.

29. Spamboy says:

Gas is cheap enough now that I am watering my foundation with it.

It’s one thing to say “the media and left-wingers blamed George Bush for rising gas prices.” It’s another thing to provide citation number one. The talk-radio crowd doesn’t require much in the way of citations, though, I’ve noticed. Their politics are based primarily on angrily lampooning a cartoon version of liberals, even as our nation inexorably slides down the tubes thanks to Republican mismanagement.

31. PR says:

Actually, liberals began providing cartoonish leadership about 30 years ago (cough, cough, Jimmy Carter) — you guys just give the “talk-radio crowd” a lot to talk about.

32. He Kexin says:

Come on, we have 34 comments on “gas is cheap”. We don’t need a match to light the gasoline. It’s to expensive!

33. GMOM says:

It amazes me that we all havent figured out that the price of oil was raised to such a ridiculous high price and now that they have lowered it a tad, we are all so happy.
    See that’s what they do to us, at $3.25/$3.50 is still double what it was then Bush came in, but it’s lower than the high, so they are playing us. And we are letting them. ANd T. Boone is playing us also, he can’t wait to sell his water to Dallas. Aquafers shouldn’t be part of mineral rights?

I’m not a liberal, but “conservative radio” transparently panders to the lowest common denominator among so-called values voters. Ninety-nine out of 100 of the listeners have never heard of, let alone read, say, F.A. Hayek. Or even Barry Goldwater, for that matter. All they know is if you say “liberal” and “kum-bah-yah” in the same sentence, it’s real funny. They’re sissies! Get it? You’d think it were a contest for 9th grade class treasurer — that a great deal didn’t in fact hang in the balance.

35. James says:

Gas prices going above four dollars, for whatever brief time they did, was the best think to happen to this country in a long time. People are now being more responsible and are buying economy cars faster than they bought SUVs for a dozen years. Less gas will be needed, meaning the ol’ supply and demand basic will help fight the rising cost of petroleum for years to come.

And, it makes the country a little “greener” as a whole.

36. PR says:

So, I guess when a liberal talk show commentator said she hoped that Clarence Thomas died at an early age of heart disease that is so common among black Americans, that was advancing political dialogue?

PR,

Absolutely not. This isn’t Hamilton High vesus Ridgedale High in the big game. You don’t have to pick one side and root for it doggedly. You can call BS where and when you see it.

I will go so far as to say that Michael Moore is generally viewed as a rather manipulative and leprous excuse for a spokeman among the left, whereas Ann Coulter appears to be regarded as a genuine wit among the right. That’s just personal observation, however; I’m sure there are plenty of Republicans who see Coulter for the scabrous sack of gastric juices she is.

And I’d wager that from your perspective, Michael Moore is hailed as the Second Coming of Christ among even the most centrist Democrats.

Daniel just insulted scabrous sacks of gastric juices.

39. PR says:

And, he most certainly insulted people with leprosy.

40. He Kexin says:

I’m sure all those people in the middle to lower income class think high priced fuel is a great thing. I watched the Olympics and China didn’t look very green.

41. James says:

He Kexin: I am absolutely middle income. As a matter of fact, the high gas prices really effect me. As a result, we are now a family with one less suv. It’s costing me less to fill up my new car than it used to cost to fill up my SUV (a year or two ago). I’m saving money, am more environmentally friendly, and I don’t have to live in China.

42. He Kexin says:

So you made enough money to buy a new car? I guess all those people who depend on Meels on Wheels are happy. Do you think the air in China stays within the borders?

43. monkey god says:

Don’t worry, be happy!

44. James says:

Are you saying I should no longer volunteer for Meals on Wheels? Because I traded in my expensive SUV for a small economy car that cost about half and gets better mileage? And I am to blame for a communist government and their inability to think ahead?

I am confused He Kexin. Please enlighten me.

45. monkey god says:

James
    When you say $4 gas is good for our country doesn’t make sense. The reason we are ahead of the world was because of cheap fuel. There are many people hurting because of high fuel and food prices, including meals on wheels. Do you think if gas was $1.50 a gallon and oil was $30 a barrel we would be in the fix we’re in?

If China keeps buying our debt,they’ll soon own us. The US fought the war in Iraq and China is making oil contracts with them right now. We are at odds with everyone in the world and China’s making deals with everyone for food and raw materials.Looks like we’re the one’s who didn’t think ahead.

If oil goes to $10 a gallon in this country we will be trying to find oil any where we can. Care for the environment will be out the door.

46. He Kexin says:

James
    Monkey’s comment is about what I was thinking.The high price of fuel has made us more responsible but the explosive increase has hurt our country.