David Johnson Quits Marketplace

What? This makes me sad. Driving home just now, I heard David Johnson’s last report for the NPR show Marketplace. “Our man in Dallas” has contributed wit and wisdom to the show for 19 years. I, for one, will miss him.

Comments

7 responses to “David Johnson Quits Marketplace”

1. Danno says:

I dont know why but,I the arty no money kinda guy, always enjoyed his insight about Big Buisiness. where is he going, and who is gonna replace him?

2. Spamboy says:

Man, I’ve been listening to David Johnson since I was a kid — either on the radio, or he used to do the same kind of reports for Channel 8 News. Going to miss hearing him. Guess I’ll have to rely on Alan Sloan to get my unique-voice fix.

3. He Kexin says:

Is he still on KRLD?

4. glenn hunter says:

Yes, Johnson is still on KRLD-AM (about 20 times a day); plus, he provides a monthly column called Closing Quotes for D CEO magazine. A major-league world traveler, Johnson says that while he loved doing Marketplace every week, he won’t miss the problems it sometimes created when he was on the road. NPR’s a stickler for audio quality, so he often had to track down radio stations in way-out-of-the-way places in order to do the broadcasts.

5. linde says:

Definitely will miss him on Marketplace. He was the “regular guy” who could interpret the financial news with plenty of humor along the way.

6. LSwaim says:

I will definitely miss hearing him on Marketplace. I won’t miss hearing Kai Rysdall act like he was a pollyanna anytime the market looks good. I would think that if O is elected, Kai will stop harping on how BAD THE ECONOMY IS!