Comments

14 responses to “Dalton Sherman is the Best Fifth-Grader in the City”

1. Carol says:

Well..looks like some DISD teacher somewhere did something right. This child is adorable and thank you to ALL teachers that try so hard.

2. vceleste says:

He made me believe and I am not even a teacher. Way to go Dalton!

3. Louisa Meyer, Dallas ISD parent since 1993 says:

Therapy for the weary and the best way to illustrate why I love and support our hometown schools.

4. Jack Lowe says:

Dalton was the highlight of a great morning. I am better prepared to serve on the Dallas ISD board because of Dalton’s inspiration.

5. david look says:

we better not let the privates see this or they will scholarship him away!!!

6. Betsy says:

What an uplifting speech from a well-spoken, confident young man; kudos to his parents and teachers. Great job!

7. Shirley Lewis says:

Dalton was an absolute delight. Kudos to him for having the fortitude to address such a daunting audience; kudos to his parents for nurturing such a wonderful young man; kudos to his teachers for obviously inspiring and supporting this gifted student and ; kudos to the principal for allowing the public the opportunity to witness this astonishing child.

8. THIS VERY INTELLIGENT BUT YOUNG STUDENT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES,I WAS SO PROUD OF HIM .HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND TEACHERS AND EVERYONE WHO GETS A CHANCE TO HEAR THIS SPEECH OF HIS MUST BE AS OVERWHELMED WITH PRIDE.IT’S THE BEST SPEECH I’VE EVER HEARD TO INSPIRE TEACHERS.MY MOTHER WAS A TEACHER ,SHE GOING TO LOVE HIM TOO.EVERYONE SHOULD PASS DALTON’S SPEECH ON TO EVERYONE THEY KNOW ,FROM A VERY INSPIRED CLOWN, RAZZLE DAZZLE

9. Deborah Easley says:

Dalton Sherman is the best fifth grader I have come across in a long time. I don’t think I have ever come across one that could stand in front of a crowd of teachers and give an inspiring speech.

10. shahn says:

What an irony to label one kid as “the best” considering the context of the message.

11. Angela says:

Dalton — Excellent job! Keep reaching for the stars. Don’t let anyone stop you from giving each and every task your best. You are an inspiration to everyone, teachers and non-teachers. Parents — job well done! You are truly blessed!

12. Germaine Choice for The Bronx, New York City says:

Dalton

All the glory goes to GOD, and NEVER forget itl! You are indeed blessed! Don’t take it for granted, but continue on with a humble spirit and fulfull your dreams.

Absolutely Awesome!

I was touched to tears of joy, pride and admiration when I heard your speech.

You are truly an inspiration. Great job to your family, teachers, friends and community. It takes a village to raise a child, and your village is shining!

Your message was eloquently delivered, and please keep reaching to the top. There will be obstacles along the way, but hang in there!

GOD BLESS

13. Shelia says:

WOW… I am a teacher in Greenville, SC – formerly from West Virginia and this keynote speech on video has been shared through a large number of teachers. I just HAD to research and find out more about this dynamic young man! I was so impressed with his courage and passion. How can one NOT believe after hearing a speech like that?!?

Way to go, Dalton! You are an amazing young man who is sure to succeed!

14. Heather says:

I am a juvenile parole officer sent this video by a co-worker. I have to say this speaks to more than just teachers. Sometimes we need to be reminded that all kids are special and need to be believed in, no matter where they are in life. This kid reminds me of this, I will keep this to watch on my most discouraging days!
    This kid is great and one to be proud of. You have a very bright future Dalton, keep it up!