Pete Sessions Digs Strip Joints

Only, because he’s Pete Sessions, he calls the one in question a “burlesque show.” An alert FBvian points us to the Marketplace report on PACs in which Sessions makes the distinction about a Las Vegas joint called Kane’s Forty Deuce, where he spent $5,000 in March. Excuse me. His PAC spent the money there.

Listen, I don’t have any problem with the terpsichorean arts — with the establishments that host them or the patrons who enjoy them. I’ve darkened the door of some of the best and worst strip joints in Dallas (it’s called research).

The thing I don’t dig is hypocrisy. Oh, yeah. And PACs. That stuff doesn’t seem right either.

Comments

15 responses to “Pete Sessions Digs Strip Joints”

1. LOC says:

oh my, there are so many money quotes I can’t keep up:

“I don’t have any problem with people going and doing things whether it’s at a pool or horse racing.”

Sounds like his next event could be at the little pool in the Cherry Pit. But he probably wouldn’t call that sex in the tub, either – just an indoor swimming pool.

Sessions: “It’s hard for me to know what is normal or regular any more.”

He can say that again.

2. JS says:

In Iowa, it’s called artistic nudity (or nude dancing at “art centers”). Was Congressman Pete supplied with a sketch pad upon entrance?

3. JS says:

In the interest of full disclosure, I was hoping this would be some sleazy place (with accompanying pictures) when I googled it. It actually appears to be a legit operation inside the very nice Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino.

4. microdermer says:

For five grand you could get quite a few “Peter Sessions.”

5. Rawlins says:

Reports of Pete’s sessions are just crotchless allegations.

6. jrp says:

microdermer, man, that’s the funniest thing i’ve seen here on FB in a while

standing…clapping

yes, i’m a 13 year old

7. LOC says:

JS – I looked it up to – it bills itself as “naughty but elegant.”

Also – “A blue light silhouettes the sax man as one of the sexy, sensual dancers slowly slinks down the stairs to the stage and leans out over the crowd, holding on with only a handful of the world-famous curtain of pearls! Jaws drop and drinks are ignored as the tempo picks up and the dancer steps up, shedding boa, gown and gloves towards the electrifying finale.”

So, if her strip tease act includes pearls and a short black dress, even if she keeps her panties and bra on, that makes it okay?

And, one of my favorite quotes from the interview – that Sessions only objects when people do one thing and say another.

Sounds like he should be pointing the finger at himself. I’m tired of hearing about family values from people like him who seem not to recognize them when they see them.

You stay classy, Pete Sessions.

8. Harvey Lacey says:

Hmmmm, Some things are hard to understand. One of them is that disconnection that doesn’t heal itself with advanced fatherhood.

Most guys don’t get it until they have a daughter the age Tim’s girl will be in fifteen-sixteen years. About then a man like Tim will look at a young lady exhibiting her physical gifts in front of a crowd of nasty men and he’ll get a sick feeling deep inside because he realizes that she’s a daughter.

Why is it men like Sessions never experience that? Is it like the Cheney/Rove syndrome when it comes to sons? You know, “it’s THEIR kids we send off to die.”

It is interesting that the family value party that got their skirts all in a knot over someone’s daughter performing a sex act on an old politician don’t blink when other daughters simulate and or stimulate sex acts to entertain old politicians.

9. amanda says:

Something that stuck with me all this time from a college psychology course was this statistic. Up to 87% of “dancers,” performers, and participants in the adult entertainment industry were sexually abused as children.

Although not scientific, my own experience bears this out. I’ve known dozens of girls from my 20’s, strippers and “escorts,” all were horribly damaged by molestation and rape.

Remember that in the course of your research.

10. nmlhats says:

Yeah, I saw a transcript of this before it aired last week. I hope Eric Roberson (Pete’s Democratic opponent) can use some of Pete on tape in radio ads this fall:

” You know – I’ve never – I’ve never seen that. It is ahhh…it is what I would call a burlesque show…Where a woman comes out and has a dress on -…ahh she never get’s naked. There’s no nudity …no nudity…”

Followed immediately by Ivan Kane’s very technical explanation of the difference between regular strippers and Forty Deuce strippers:

“The key component would be having girls who are dancers taking their clothes off not just girls taking their clothes off.”

11. Long Memory says:

Somebody explain to me the difference between a PAC and a “slush fund”. If it’s your piggy bank a trip to Vegas, among other things, it confirms to me that I shoulda gone into politics. It’s the greatest job in the world, you know: People can give you loads of money, and you can do their bidding, then you get to act outraged that anyone would think you were bought and paid for. What a country.

12. BJ says:

My vote may not make a difference in the grand scheme of things, but it makes a difference to me!

I can stomach voting for John McCain for President b/c while we don’t agree on a lot of things, he appears to be a man of principle. I can NOT however stomach voting for a Democrat or a fellow Republican who is better suited for Animal House rather than the U.S. House.

I thought we were the “Party” of “family values” but it seems that Congressman Sessions has forgotten about his “values” and just wants to “Party.”

13. Bob says:

There you have, folks. Pete Sessions pays for his lustful desires with his PAC money. Ted Stevens gets his friends to fix up and improve his property without even the sham of a loan. You don’t have to go very far to find a hypocrite in the Congress, whether House or Senate, Republican or Democrat. But aren’t these the same Republicans who promote “Family Values”? Maybe WE need to focus on THEIR families, instead of having them focus on ours. Dobson? Dobson? Crawl back under your rock?

14. Michael says:

It’s a shame Pete Sessions has to go all the way to Las Vegas to dig up some masturbation fantasies. I guess all the useless time he has wasted in Congress rotted what parts of his brain carousing didn’t. What a pathetic embarassment to District 32.

Eric Roberson is a decent family guy who has more than earned my vote.

15. Doug in DFW says:

Hopefully future fundraisers will be done at local clubs. Paging Strip Club Mike. Strip Club Pete is in the house. Donors please note – part of entertainment may entail speech on 4$ gas and the positive effects of drilling.