Comments

19 responses to “Oliver Stone Debuts W. Trailer”

1. china says:

wow, that looks….boring. in a non-partisan way 🙂

2. News Junkie says:

vomit.

3. Nathan says:

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

4. thomas says:

If “Natural Born Killers” was like being in hell on acid, then this is like, um, um…. um.

I dunno, but it looks pretty buffoonish and I might have to see it.

I wonder if they’ll show him snorting lines off of the bar at the Stoneleigh? What would be awesomer?

5. Yeah, it’s gonna seem like really watching the real deal, what with “Stretch Cunningham” from All In The Family playing 41. Maybe O Stoned will tie this movie back into JFK as part of a leveraging ploy to link the Bush’s into a 30-year plan to be the first father and son to capture the White House. They do have ties to Dallas, you know.

6. Jack Jett says:

There is not enough glory in the world to glorify the Bushwads. When it comes to the Republican party there seems to be a glory hole.
    America’s loss is Dallas’s gain. Now we have a film, a think tank and a library and the man/child himself living amongst us.

This will be the most awesome thing to happen to Dallas in a long time. Hubba Hubba.

7. superkaty says:

pony up, maybe this explains why i didn’t like ‘the dark knight.’ or maybe that klavan guy is an rambling idiot. oooor maybe ‘W’ is batman. wait, i’m confused.

8. Spamboy says:

I expect there to be “subliminable” imagery spliced in between reels.

9. Tim says:

I hear a movie about Clinton is coming out next month too. Somebody said this guy is playing the lead: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000465/

10. Joseph says:

Our Nation’s Dark Night

11. Jack Jett says:

Tim..Impressive. You must know Bill better than most of us.

This photo is what I think of when I see the honorable George W. Bush.

12. Newspaper Guy says:

Hey Jack, death is sad. On the other hand, this is what I see when I think of what everybody feels is the second coming of…well….you know:

13. Don in Austin says:

Tim…interesting…the guy (actor??)is listed for 1069 movie credits.

14. Rusty says:

Oliver Stone is a brilliant movie-maker.. but this trailer does not exactly make me want to run out and watch the movie. It may indeed be more Bush-friendly than most people think. If it isn’t a silly hatchet job it might just do well at the box office.

15. To read these comments one would think this is board put out by The People’s Morning News(AKA DMN) instead of D Magazine. I can bet the same people who support Stone’s tripe would have rioted if Mike Nichols used the complete book “Primary Colors” instead of the pieces he did. For those of you who do not know Primary Colors is an expose of the 1992 Clinton campaign for President. It is not a portrayal.

16. What I meant to say was that the book does not show a nice portrait of the Clintons.

17. Jack Jett says:

Don’t forget, one of them chopped down a cherry tree and lied abut it!