CNN Exposes Dallas Woman’s Personal Shame

A 23-year-old Dallas marketing coordinator named Sara Price is the lead example for this CNN trend piece that I didn’t realize was a) a trend, b) a bad thing, or c) newsworthy. (Blogworthy is a different matter.) What did Price do? She had the audacity to attend a wedding … solo.

Um, isn’t that what you’re supposed to do if you’re single? Go stag so you can hook up with another single, not-so-sober wedding guest? I thought that was the idea. My mistake.

Comments

14 responses to “CNN Exposes Dallas Woman’s Personal Shame”

1. El Rey says:

The single people are supposed to skip the wedding and just go to the reception, so they can get a head start on getting lubricated and inebriated. At least that’s what happened at my wedding…

2. mlh says:

I just head straight to the reception. You just tell the bride she looked “Beautiful” and it is all good.

Yes, you go to weddings solo if you are single so you can hook-up. This is not a crime. Bonus points if:

He is a groomsman.

He is related to the Bride or Groom.

He is from out of town, so less chance to see him again.

Extra Credit if:

He was your “weekend boyfriend”, meaning you met at the rehearsal dinner, hooked up, had lunch/brunch Saturday Day and got a midday buzz, hooked up. Then you still had the reception to hook up yet again and then had Sunday am together.

Thank goodness you could break up by noon on Sunday. It is just exhausting to be this “friendly”.

Not that I have ever done this. As a maid of honor… with the bride’s cousin… before he want back to Denver. It was in the Maid of Honor handbook. I swear.

3. What? says:

Sometimes I wish I was single at my own wedding.

4. CDD says:

I never bring dates to weddings. I find it makes the whole, “sooo, I’m going home with this guy, can you find a ride?” convo much easier. I love weddings. Alcohol + well-dressed singles = jackpot.

What if it’s a Baptist wedding?

6. CDD says:

Oh you now, keep it classy, drink in the parking lot beforehand. This happened at a wedding in Arkansas where not only was the reception alcohol-free but the entire city was dry. Someone tipped us off and we were able to gather provisions on the way into town. Thank the baby Jesus I know very few Baptists.

7. CDD says:

er, I meant *know* not *now*

I went to a Baptist wedding reception once where they served “mock” champagne punch.

All I can say is they clearly have never had actual champagne, because 7up and vanilla Blue Bell does not even come close.

9. mlh says:

I am sorry??? A wedding without booze??

Thank goodness I am Catholic!!

And CDD, I love sweet baby Jesus. 6 pounds, 7 ounces baby Jesus. I love the baby Jesus.

I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin’ lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I’m in the front row and I’m hammered drunk!

11. Gadfly says:

Going to weddings always brings out the “Fiona” in me (from “Four Weddings and a Funeral”). I have been known to comment on the bride’s choice of “big meringue”, call other admired female guests “sluts”, and start up awkward messy sex conversations with novice priests. Thank goodness most of these weddings have been Catholic. Champagne will always put a fake smile on my face.

12. Gadfly says:

I’ve been bleeped! That’s never happened to me before. And I was just quoting a family friendly film. The word is effective, and starts with an “sl”. So there! Try to bleep that one out!

13. I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I’m here to party.

Goes the same for me at weddings!

14. Roscoe Purvis Coltrane says:

You couldn’t be more right Adam.