American Airlines: Good News Or Bad News?

Depends on which news service you read.

Reuters: “AMR, Delta hurt by rising fuel costs”
Bloomberg: “AMR, Delta Gain as Operating Profit Beats Analysts’ Estimates”

I think I prefer the one with capital letters and better news.

Comments

8 responses to “American Airlines: Good News Or Bad News?”

1. Considering the stock is up to 5.97 from a 52wk low yesterday of 4.00, I’d say it’s mighty good too.

2. Tim W. says:

I second Stephen.

3. James says:

Tim W-I don’t know if you saw my last post when I was talking ugly about AA a few weeks ago. I take it all back. I thought trying United would have been a good idea….I was wrong. I eat my words. United was one of the WORST idea’s I’ve ever put into action. Stuck in Chi. for 17 hours on the way there and stuck in Denver for 13 hours on the way back. The staff was rude and Cleary disengaged. I’m running back to AA with open arms and I sincerely apologize for my harsh words about your company in the earlier post.

4. Tim W. says:

James – I remember warning someone, it might have been you, that it probably wasn’t any greener on the other side of the fence.

The idiom “familiarity breeds contempt” (and children, according to Twain) has always rung true for me in regards to my employer and some of the vitriol flung our way in this community. But, in an industry where every airline faces the same costs, antiquated ATC system, etc. – many of the service issues are out of our control. Manyof them are not, though, and it behooves us to correct them. So, by all means, hold us to that.

But I thank you for today’s lesson in relativity, James, and I welcome you back into the fold. Soylent green is not people, despite what you may have heard.

5. yvonne says:

well, it’s nice to see something nice about my employer for a change. James, if the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence…..it’s usually “spray painted”

6. James says:

I totally understand. I’ve got three trips coming up in Aug. All booked on AA. I’m back…Can you hook me up with some miles, upgrades or free stuff??? Just kidding

7. umbredg says:

Fly AA on status and you will rarely have all of the cry baby issues written about here. AAngels rule.

8. eric's buddy says: