Where Have You Gone, Club Babalu?

In news that hasn’t already been reported by Trey, driving back from Jake’s this afternoon, a few of us noticed that Club Babalu was being deconstructed. “Nooooo!” we wailed in a collective cry of despair. “Where will we go for Ladies Night every Saturday night, where ladies get in free before 11??” Fear not, FB Nation. A call to The Bab revealed that they’ve just moved to a “bigger and better” location on Gaston Avenue. Crisis averted.

Comments

7 responses to “Where Have You Gone, Club Babalu?”

1. ChuckE says:

Don’t celebrate yet. There’s some controversy as to their new location:

2. Josh Pearson says:

Keep your head up, Jessica. You’ll get one without controversy sooner or later…

3. Bobby Ewing says:

And don’t forget that The Dallasite–a first-rate local watering hole “where everybody knows your name” also relocated.

4. allison says:

Am I the only one that thought this place closed 10 years ago?

5. dawn says:

I live across the street from Far West and OK. My apt faces the street and at 2 am it is latino bumper cars. Tons of wrecks, lots of loud tejano music, squealing tires and never any cops. Last week, they illegally blocked a lane on Gaston. It is beyond ridiculous.

6. hellohello says:

They just cleared out for the impending fire…carry on.

7. Kim says:

I agree with Dawn. It is a pain over here on the weekends. But she failed to mentioned the gunshots. I know staffing is tough, but I don’t understand why the police just can’t increase their presence near these clubs from about 2-3 a.m. on weekends. I can’t imagine this location being good for Babalu’s reputation.