Obama’s Dallas Visit

In case you hadn’t heard and in case you don’t have lunch plans and in case you want to see him in person, presidential candidate Barack Obama will be in Dallas today tomorrow at noon at Reunion Arena. (Doors opened at 10:30.) More info is here.

Comments

7 responses to “Obama’s Dallas Visit”

1. Mixed up? says:

Um, this is tomorrow.

2. Adam McGill says:

Oops. All better now.

3. Todd says:

Tomorrow.

4. DM says:

Is Wick going?

5. j.d.w... says:

Wick wanted all of us to show up today instead of tomorrow.

6. Bill Vroom says:

Hey, this is off topic, but I just came upon a wonderful Obama website at http://obamawill.com Very nice.

My wife – who has favored Clinton – took a look and said it was the first Obama thing that made her like him. Go figure.

7. Harvey Lacey says:

It’s getting very interesting around here. Wylie had a record number of early voters today. They had a hundred on the first day of early voting and supposedly it was fifty fifty democrat/republican. Bear in mind we usually only get about six to eight hundred total voters in an election.

I’m for Obama. And I’m thinking the reason I’m for him is because he’s black. I’m starting to believe his being black is a pretty big and very good thing.

We’ve had almost sixteen years of us versus them. My biggest complaint with Hillary has nothing to do with Hillary or even Bill. My complaint with her is she’s part and parcel of the us versus them mindset.

Back to Obama being black and why I think that’s important. Those amongst us, both sides, that find it advantageous for whatever reason to keep it us versus them are going to have to go back to attack school to keep race out of their discussion.

His blackness means those who want to attack him have to be very very careful in not only what they say, but how they say it. One slip, look at Bill’s slip and you can see what I mean, one slip and your point is lost because your being a racist is the topic at hand.

I believe this is a good thing. It’s almost like the guys having to go to grandmas to watch the game. Everyone will be on their best behavior, not a bad thing, and very interesting in it’s own way.

I like interesting.