Nice Try, Dunkin’ Donuts

Your blatant attempt at getting media coverage is not going to work. Just because you delivered several dozen delicious donuts along with some fancy, reusable coffee cups does not mean we’re going to give you any publicity whatsoever. I don’t care if you are opening two new stores (Preston and Campbell on March 5; Preston and Alpha mid-March) as part of your Dalls-Fort Worth expansion plans.

Comments

22 responses to “Nice Try, Dunkin’ Donuts”

1. Nathan says:

And I bet you don’t want to tell anyone at all that their coffee is pretty darn good, just as good as, if not even better than, Starbucks…not to mention less expensive, if you drink drip coffee.

2. Eric Celeste says:

Or that their coffee is actually great. And that you can get it, like we do, at Kroger. Or that I’m drinking some right now.

3. Lee, Dallas, Texas says:

The only way I could read this posting was to make a comment. The LFT ad blocked it and would not go away!!!!

4. r.a. says:

pffft…….Community Coffee Dark Roast, please!

Try Hostman Lee.

5. Stephen Edmondson says:

We’re not going for the DMN look.

Working to resolve the banner issue. Apologies.

6. Josh Pearson says:

So, Lee, you’re saying our little ploy to increase user comments is working? Interesting…

7. Robb says:

Ad problem should be fixed. Sorry guys.

8. GrantG says:

I blame you, Robb.

9. Andrew K says:

They need to bring a lot of Dunkin’ Donuts to Dallas, they rock. Any plans for one not in the northlands?

10. j.d.w... says:

I’m glad to see Dunkin Donuts is out there helping those of us in the metroplex achieve our goal of being #1. I for one am tired of always being so close yet not making it to the top.

(In case you missed my subtle link, here it is again…)

11. Holly says:

YEA Dunkin’ Donuts!
    When we lived in Boston you could literally give people directions to our house by using D&D as markers.
    “Right at the second D&D. When you get to the next D&D, take a left.”
    Etc.
    Coffee is great!
    And perfectly priced.
    Decent ad campaigns, too.
    COME TO OAK CLIFF!

12. CDD says:

Krispy Kreme 4-EVA

13. d.o. says:

DONUT CAFE 4-EVA!!!! Yeah its next to TT at Abrams and Mock, best in town

14. Lee, Dallas, Texas says:

One of my favorite movie lines was in Other People’s Money when Danny DeVito offers a young lady a donut and she says she is not hungry. His line was “Where does it say you have to be hungry to eat a donut?” He was eating Dunkin Donuts throughout the movie.

15. Amandax9362 says:

I hope they start showing the ‘Got to make the donuts’ commercials again 🙂

16. Andrew K says:

Dude, D&D destroys krispy kreme. krispy wishes it could make a donut as good as dunkin donuts so it just slathers their donuts under way too much sugar syrup.

17. j.d.w... says:

MMmmmmm… sugar syrup…

18. Amy S says:

LOL, this is the funniest blog ever!

19. Nathan says:

I second the vote for Oak Cliff, maybe near Bishop Arts??

Now who is in favor of bringing one into Knox Henderson next to Fadi’s and Luxury of Leather? Whoever owns the DFW rights for DD should put one there. Yeah, the rent may be high, but they would do really well there, I bet. I’ll get my coffee there.

20. Drew says:

Hottest coffee on the planet. Don’t pull a Kramer.

21. Barry Z says:

Stephen Edmonson- as the person responsible for the delivery of DUNKIN’DONUTSto your office yesterday, accept my humblest apology for not having your name on my list of people. Rest assured that once we open the Campbell & Preston store on March 5th, it will be my pleasure to see that you walk out as a very happy camper, and that goes for your dog too! All you have to do is ask for me. See you then and thanks for making this my 1st attempt to blog anywhere!

22. Dunkin D says:

This is for all my fellow Dunkin’ Donuts lovers, I thought you all might be interested in this PSA!

**Public Service Announcement**
    Your Fix Is In:

A certain upscale, green-logo’d mackaccino chain will be closing its doors on Tuesday night, February 26, for a mass barista training exercise (stop inhaling the retail, kids?).

You can tell your friends most likely to explode into a caffeine-withdrawal freak-fit that Dunkin’ Donuts will be filling in with a 99¢ latte/cappuccino special from 1-10PM. And you know, chocolate-glaze donuts with pink sprinkles, 24-7.