Big Bush Library Announcement Today

Word on the street (and press release in my inbox) is that we can expect a big announcement regarding the George W. Bush Library at SMU today, noontime. That’s the when and where. The what: “Representatives from the George W. Bush Presidential Library Foundation have scheduled a news conference and signing ceremony today on the SMU campus.” Guess it’s officially official.

Comments

20 responses to “Big Bush Library Announcement Today”

1. GMOM says:

Oh, No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Bobby Ewing says:

When do we learn if the Library also features a single book actually read by the President? Or at least his frat-boy list of slapstick nicknames for people: Brownie, Corndog, Fredo, La Margarita, etc.

All this build up for a Golden Book collection and a well-worn copy of Pat the Bunny?

4. AJ says:

Jokes are good.

5. Nick says:

The guy has a damn MBA from Harvard…Not a single one of you can hold his brain’s jock….

6. Lindsay says:

Not to devalue my own education (SMU MBA), but those three letters don’t prevent you from making colossal mistakes that, if not caused by stupidity, sure seem like they were. My boss (Harvard MBA), I think would agree.

Now, if Bush actually has his brain in a jock strap, that might explain some things.

7. Bobby Ewing says:

I gave up holding jocks for Lent. And I gave up thinking an MBA equals knowledge way before my own grad school sentence was commuted.

Now now, how do you know one of us isn’t sitting here with a Ph.D. from Harvard? By your logic, that would indeed render such a person fit to hold the jock of the brain of the current leader of the free world, if there was such a thing as a “brain’s jock.”

9. dallasdano says:

Fantastic!!!

Two great things for Dallas…

Dealey Plaza and now the Bush Presidential Library.

Dallas should be so proud!

10. Nick says:

Lets see…one shows how the world was saved from nuclear holocost and one will detail how millions were freed in the middle east. I am very proud.

holocaust. Middle East.

And freed from what?

12. Dave Thomas says:

I’ve met George W. Bush on several occasions. I’ve seen him in some very unguarded moments talking politics behind the scenes with some Republican bigwigs. I can assure you, this man is no dummy.

I think he wants his opponents to think he’s a dummy. He’s been underestimated by everyone and he usually wins.

Crack all the jokes you want about this guy, he’ll be the one laughing at the end of the day. History will be very kind to his presidency. (Remember, Truman left office with an approval rating of around 30% – his presidency is now highly regarded by most)

SMU is lucky to get this library. I personally think it should have gone to UD in Irving, but that’s an old issue now. Having the library in our area is a good thing for all of us.

13. Mike says:

Dave,

Just because some of Bush’s detractors say he’s dumb when he’s just obtuse and incurious does not mean he’s smart. And just because Truman left office with public disapproval does not mean Bush will be vindicated by history. You guys sure are getting a lot of mileage out of that Truman thing.

The Hoover Institute at Stanford is often given as an example of a conservative presence that can exist relatively independently on campus, but Stanford’s one of America’s top universities. The Hoover ideology is not going to inferior with the poly sci or history department’s integrity. SMU’s a decent regional college that’s academically inferior to UTD. (I went to both.) Whatever think tank goes along with Bush’s library could be a much larger presence proportionately.

14. Mike says:

Interfere not inferior. I don’t speak English.

15. The Marty Cortland Tribute Banned says:

Dave

Yes, George W. Bush is the greatest President of our generation. How fantastic for you that you got to see him in an “unguarded” moment. It is sad that we will not be alive to see how history will portray him. I know that they will show that I am one of the greatest humorist of all time. While I have never made the Sexiest Man Alive list, history will show that I should have.

I am also in agreement with you that he is “underestimated by everyone”. This is clearly a case that everyone is wrong and the two of us are right.

Since you hang with the Republicans that have big wigs, perhaps you can talk Richard Cheney into running for President.

16. SB says:

Dave,

Which one of your several Metroplex Wendy’s locations were you at with George Bush?

17. Anonymouse says:

Nick said:

I said:

Millions were freed? Which ones were those? Were any of them some of the tens of thousands that have been slaughtered by our troops?

18. Andrew Yu-Jen Wang says:

Speaking of George W. Bush:

George W. Bush committed hate crimes of epic proportions and with the stench of terrorism (indicated in my blog).

George W. Bush did in fact commit innumerable hate crimes.

And I do solemnly swear by Almighty God that George W. Bush committed other hate crimes of epic proportions and with the stench of terrorism which I am not at liberty to mention.

Many people know what Bush did.

And many people will know what Bush did–even to the end of the world.

Bush was absolute evil.

Bush is now like a fugitive from justice.

Bush is a psychological prisoner.

Bush has a lot to worry about.

Bush can technically be prosecuted for hate crimes at any time.

In any case, Bush will go down in history in infamy.

Submitted by Andrew Yu-Jen Wang
    B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
    Messiah College, Grantham, PA
    Lower Merion High School, Ardmore, PA, 1993

“GEORGE W. BUSH IS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN U.S. HISTORY” BLOG OF ANDREW YU-JEN WANG
    ______________________
    I am not sure where I had read it before, but anyway, it is a linguistically excellent statement, and it goes kind of like this: “If only it were possible to ban invention that bottled up memories so they never got stale and faded.” Oh wait–off the top of my head–I think the quotation came from my Lower Merion High School yearbook.