A Brief Encounter With Miss Dallas USA

missdallasusajordanstrauss.jpgBill Lively, Carl Sewell III, and Caroline Rose Hunt all turned up at the Rosewood Crescent Hotel last night to help launch something called The Social Book Dallas. But the most interesting person at the gathering might have been Jordan Strauss, Miss Dallas USA 2007. Make the jump to judge for yourself.

Wearing her white winner’s sash and accompanied by “Miss Shirley” Payne, one of the pageant directors, Jordan said she’s a straight-A student at SMU, where she’s majoring in political science and may try one day to get into law school.

This June, she’ll compete in Laredo to become Miss Texas USA–all part of the Miss USA pageant competition owned jointly by NBC and Donald Trump.

Why should she be Miss Texas USA?

“I’m very well-rounded,” Jordan said. “Also, in August of 2005, my father was hit by a drunk driver, and is catastrophically disabled. So I use my story to educate young people about the dangers of drunk driving.”

Asked whether she had a “talent,” Jordan demurred, and Miss Shirley broke in. “No talent is necessary,” Miss Shirley said. “Mr. Trump just wants the girls to be beautiful.”

Then Miss Dallas USA turned to greet someone else.

Comments

29 responses to “A Brief Encounter With Miss Dallas USA”

1. david says:

ouch! Sounds like Miss Shirley learned PR at the heel os The Donald.

2. david says:

ouch! Sounds like Miss Shirley learned PR at the heel of The Donald.

3. Cynthia says:

What struck me about Jordan Strauss last night wasn’t how pretty she was (because aren’t they all), but at how TINY she was. She couldn’t have been more than 5 feet tall and or weighed more than 90 pounds. She was like a little social fairy who had come to dazzle the event with her glitter dust, pageant sash and mega-watt white teeth.

“Drink Barefoot Bubbly and be social!”

4. HF says:

She won’t be Miss Texas –

5. Leadfoot says:

Gotta lot of nerve wearing white…

6. L.C. says:

Looks like Audrina from The Hills.

7. pg says:

A great combo of brains and beauty…..

8. pg says:

Wihing her great success, forgot to add…

9. pg says:

I’m a MAJOR pageant fan, this girl is absolutely lovely………

10. brandon says:

I love brunette pageant girls….good luck to this one

11. whitney says:

she seems really smart, i am happy to see an intelligent, well-rounded girl in a pageant…i am definitely watching the Miss Texas pageant this year to see her! 🙂

12. b. cook says:

WOW! What an AMAZING photo! She is outstandingly gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! WOW is all I can say.

13. Turtle says:

Yummy little spinner!!!!!!!!!

14. Turtle says:

Ya’ll just think she looks good in the photos, wait till you see her in person!!!!!!! OH, I’m gonna pass out just thinking about it!!!!

15. Wittels says:

I have had the pleasure of meeting Jordan and would just like to say it is her personality and not her looks that set her apart from every other pretty face. As stunning as she is on the outside it dwarfs in comparison to her incredibly beautiful soul. I wish her all the best at this years Miss Texas.

16. Puddin'Tane says:

I have a “beauiful soul” but nobody sees it because of my plain face and flat chest.

~sigh~

17. brandon says:

Hey PT I know what you are saying, but if you knew this girl…you could not help but love and admire her…not the pageant kind of girl you might imagine….she IS genuine, kind, smart, compassionate and wonderful!!!

18. Leigh Ann says:

Her picture is gorgeous! I wish I looked like THAT. 🙂

19. Rich says:

Love HER! 🙂

20. turtle says:

Ok we all think she is gorgeous! All kidding asside, before I knew her and only knew OF her I took a look at her pics from the Miss TX pageant and thought like everyone else…WOW she’s beautiful. Then I looked at the candid photos from all of the parties and started to think differently, she IS pretty, like all of the gals but, there is something else going on…MAJOR!!! She stands out in every photo, even when in the background. The way she dressed, the way she smiled, EVERYTHING about her was just different from all the others. The girl is sssssoooooo tiny that she could have been completly overlooked but NO…you can’t overlook her. Its as if she is just too much to take in. Needless to say I don’t think she got a fair deal at the pageant for this reason. I don’t think the judges quite new how to take her because she was just too much!!! I don’t know what she has to do to get the recognition she deserves, maybe the will come to their senses this year, I just hope she is not too upset if they don’t, she’s too sweet to see upset!!!

GO JORDI !!!!!!!!!! ;P

21. Dancer says:

I love her! She is one of my best friends in the world and totally deserves Miss Texas. She really is beautiful in all ways imaginable. I love you Jordi! xoxo

22. Marlene says:

Love Her!!!

23. Paris says:

Looks cute to me considering, I know exactly what to look for in a pageant chick.I’ve been a pageant lover for some time.I like a girl to be hot and tempting such as Miss Dallas.

24. Hans kaus says:

Stunning and flawless these words are almost not perfect enough, for such a darling doll.If she’s bright she make a run to the up and coming playboy model search for a hefty $55,ooo dollars.Too hot for the average joker!

25. brandon says:

GO JORDAN STRAUSS……

26. Maxwell S. says:

I had the distinct honor of meeting the lovely Miss Dallas, Jordan, at the event and must say she made me feel like I was the only one in the room. She has such a presence about her that draws you in. No wonder all of the gents there were flocking at her. I hope spoken with many women in my lifetime…and she is certainly one the finest ones I’ve ever laid eyes upon. Whoever gets marry this woman will be the luckiest man in the world. Best wishes to this beauty.

27. Maxwell S. says:

I had the distinct honor of meeting the lovely Miss Dallas, Jordan, at the event and must say she made me feel like I was the only one in the room. She has such a presence about her that draws you in. No wonder all of the gents there were flocking at her. I have spoken with many women in my lifetime…and she is certainly one the finest ones I’ve ever laid eyes upon. Whoever gets marry this woman will be the luckiest man in the world. Best wishes to this beauty.

28. matt says:

Um I met this girl on a cruise boat and grinded on her. she is amazing and her body is stunning. I felt all over her and loved it all

29. TXPageantFan says:

Jrdan is a sweety but you are right about Shirley. She is a very rude person! Hope she treated Jordan right, she deserves it.