TXU Employees Not Happy About Moving to DART-less Las Colinas

Speaking of TXU’s impending departure from downtown Dallas (set for March 31), the company will relocate about 400 employees. I’m told by an informed source that about half of those folks ride DART to work. The grumbling you hear is coming from the 200 people at 1601 Bryan whose commute to work is about to become less pleasant.

View Larger Map

Comments

14 responses to “TXU Employees Not Happy About Moving to DART-less Las Colinas”

1. DM says:

from the shadow, it would appear the Republic Tower is just as upset about it.

2. Incognizant says:

Don’t these poor people know that Stream Energy is hiring over at the InfoMart? http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2008/01/21/story2.html

Jeez: it’s bad enough being on a Sinking Ship. But you shouldn’t have to launch an expedition towards getting onboard.

3. Brian says:

another smart move by this txu. More room on the red and blue line! I miss [email protected] though you can live in there old, downtown, building.

4. dave little says:

I don’t know if this is off topic but last night I was having a veggie burger and goat milk at the Old Monk. It was delicious and reminded me of the time I almost ran into a schoolbus full of disenfranchised honor students because I didn’t want to run over a jackalope that was wandering aimlessly across the boulevard. Anyway, across the street from the Old Monk, catty cornered if you want to get specific, there was a line of SUVs and Hummers waiting to be valet parked. I don’t know what exactly was going on but it looked awesome. Everybody getting out of their cars were laughing and throwing jewelry in the air and didn’t seem to notice this stray cat that was walking across the street. But I did notice her. And I don’t know if she was a female but lets just say it was. And the cat looked sad. At first, I couldn’t tell why. But as I looked closer. I realized that she was missing a whisker. And it was an important whisker. It was the whisker that enables cats to have a sense of purpose. I’ll admit it. I cried. And because she looked cold I took off my overcoat that was hand made out of homeless people’s skin and I covered her. And at that moment, the world made sense.

Hey, dave, don’t bogart ….

6. Brandon says:

All those displaced TXU employees should stop their whining! I mean come on, all they have to do is wait another 10 or so years and they can use the Orange Line. Geeze…

7. Neal says:

and the cat was delicious.

8. Cloak-n-Dagger says:

Can’t they just kayak on the Trinity and canal?

9. Anne says:

Only TXU Energy is moving to Las Colinas. Oncor is staying at 1601 Bryan and Luminant is moving a block away to Lincoln Plaza.

10. Brian says:

but anne, thats the one that we pay, and that has employees in an office. Not working hard in a truck.
    I may be a little over the top, but… white collar, blue….

11. Anne says:

Brian: I know. Believe me. And the trucks are Oncor. Trust me.

Signed,
    someone who works in a company that recently was bought in the largest buyout in US corporate history

12. Brian says:

right, so they DONT have to use dart, saving time and gas, they work out of the office, the one still downtown…. geez.

13. Stuck says:

How much more will my electric bill go up to pay for this unwanted, unnecessary expensive move?

14. Steve Nussbaum says:

Nice to see another Dallas company happy to make money from the residents of Dallas but unwilling to support. Let’s all face it: When the Dallas oligarchy started building in Las Colinas that was the end of downtown Dallas. The current revival efforts are like putting those electric panels against the chest of a corpse. Even those wacky Perots who couldn’t care less about Dallas wouldn’t build in downtown; it was easier to clean up a Superfund site and create their own little fiefdom that we can say is downtown but really not. Let’s just level downtown and build a shopping mall.