Oxymoron of the Day: Dream Home in Tyler

HGTV geeks like me drool over the “Dream Home” given away each year. (This year’s is in the Florida Keys–but don’t enter. It’s mine.) But for most of the winners, like Don Cruz, the taxes associated with the multi-million dollar homes prove to be too much. That’s how Rick Mullins got a steal on the lakeside Dream Home in Tyler when it went on public auction this Saturday–just $1.3 million! Marty Cortland, where were you on that one?

Comments

8 responses to “Oxymoron of the Day: Dream Home in Tyler”

1. Brady says:

Unbelievable. I watched that 2005 Dream Home episode and that’s a ton of house for $1.3M, even in Tyler. I wonder if the buyer got it furnished (or at least partially) for the $1.3M. I’m not surprised the winner had to sell based on our steep property taxes in Texas.

2. I’m unaware of any Tyler Street in Highland Park. Am I missing something here?

3. Mike Orren says:

Brady, he didn’t get the furnishings. They were auctioned separately.

Much more info here than in the anemic AP report from the news, if I do say so myself:

Please don’t lure Marty Cortland from the clubhouse to plague us with his cancerous self-regard and “wit.” Why, oh why do you publish this vainglorious, fatuous ass? He’s a scourge who “stinks up” your magazine with his “steaming pile” of ill-considered blathering; a nouveau riche pisant who, by painting himself in such unflattering hues (alas, unwittingly, I fear) sheds shameful discredit on our fine town; and a general all-around embarrassment to to dignified people of means everywhere.

5. Daniel:

That would be “pissant” with two esses. Also, a comma is required after the parenthetical; it’s not elective in this case.

Helpfully,
    MC

6. Sean says:

Outbombasted. REOWRRRR. Ding, ding, ding, ding, SCHWING!

I forgeot “petty.”

8. Kitten says:

Meow kitties….please continue the fight. Beware Marty….most are on Daniels side.