Comments

18 responses to “Norah Jones = On the Market”

1. Mantooth says:

Were one prone to the lowest form of humor, one might say that their relationship has hit a low note.

2. IttyBittyWussy says:

I guess they no longer live in harmony?

3. Sean says:

Their relatonship has fallen off a clef.

4. Eric Celeste says:

I’m hot for teacher. (Am I playing this right?)

5. Puddin'Tane says:

One of them must have played “out”.

6. Sarah says:

I always like Norah better solo.

7. Tim Rogers says:

I hear they broke up over a religious dispute. Norah, despite her lineage, recently converted to Catholicism. She couldn’t talk her bassist into practicing the rhythm method. [rim shot]

8. Puddin'Tane says:

Yeah, he was afraid he would rush or get ahead of the beat…

and that might even lead to triplets and such.

9. Liles says:

Now that we’ve heard from the “insensitive idiot” flock, is it really any wonder why our best and brightest musicians always tend to move the hell out of Dallas as soon as they possibly can? Perhaps when your relationships come to an end there will be pack of blogging hyenas on hand to make light of the situation in your hometown as well.

10. Lindsay says:

Wow, Jeff. Ever read Gawker? Perez Hilton? *Any* blog? This is positively tame.

But, then again, maybe we coda given it a rest earlier.

11. Liles says:

NJ managed to sell 10 million records and win 11 Grammy Awards WITHOUT a strategic, calculated effort by her record company or publicist to turn her into a celebrity. If you want to make light of Jessica or Ashlee Simpson (or anyone else who brings that pop culture train wreck stuff upon themselves), then go for it – they’re certainly fair game. They asked for it – Norah Jones didn’t.

Tame or not (I think “stupid” is actually the word you’re looking for), it’s just another reason for her to further distance herself from her ties to Dallas – and right now, all I see is the Dallas creative community struggling against this kind of superficial and juvenile lack of respect for their collective achievements.

Is that really what you want FrontBurner to be? Another parasitic TMZ or Gawker wannabe? Isn’t there enough of that crap to go around already?

12. Lindsay says:

I didn’t see one pun in that response, Jeff. I understand your point, but I don’t think we’re singing from the same hymnal.

13. Liles says:

OK, I’ll stop raging against your machine when you and all of the other Circle Jerks take the nine inch nail out of your ass and start showing a little r-e-s-p-e-c-t for the home team.

That work for ya?

14. PuddinTane says:

Nevermind thoses overly serious posts! Back to the fun and games…..

Sooo…I wonder when Nora broke broke it off with the guy how she “phrased” it……

15. Lindsay says:

There we go, Jeff! You’re a maestro!

16. Tim Rogers says:

For the record, I own a Norah disc and a Willies one. Jeff, making puns about her love life has nothing to do with respect for her her achievements. Ease up, pardner.

17. Liles says:

No worries, Tim. When you and your wife break up we’ll all be here to make fun of you, too. No disrespect intended, of course. I’m sure you’ll understand. 🙂