Leading Off

1) On the down side, you see the ugly side of what happens when authority, thugs and booze are mixed. On the plus side, all Steve Holy has to add in is a pickup truck mention and he’s got a hit country song on his hands. (The bonus “Don’t taze me, bro!” quote from last week’s story: “Do you know who you’re [expletive] with, you’re [expletive] with a Dallas police officer.”)

2) Why is this even an issue? They even sell beer at at Disney’s Epcot and no one makes a stink. Having a cold one available — one I don’t have to smuggle in — would make the crowds at Six Flags a heckuva lot more tolerable.

3) Fake blue lights and siren: $125. Pellet pistol: $75. Fake badge: $10. Pulling someone over right in front of a real cop: Priceless.

Comments

7 responses to “Leading Off”

1. Spamboy says:

#2 is an issue only because most of the crowd at Disney World is a mix between people who are obviously underage (kids) and overage (adults). Six Flags is the Stridex Homeland, a majority-adolescent world full of cracking voices and hormones. That’s probably what’s got the Blue Lawers panties in a wad.

2. Julie says:

As a single female, story #3 scares me to death. I understand that anyone can buy the red and blue lights off the internet…that should be illegal.

3. DM says:

what do all three stories have in common?

A: they could be (or possibly have been) an episode on the “Simpsons”

4. CDD says:

This is all veeeery interesting. Steve Holy was on trial the same day as me, er, I mean, my FRIEND, a few years back for … being overserved and getting mobile, shall we say. Still got a not guilty from the judge (he opted for the bench trial, not jury). Friends with officers, indeed. Psh.

5. David says:

Regarding #2, if Six Flags promised the beer would be as good as at EPCOT (Guiness on tap), then I would have no problem with it.

6. Sean says:

Think about how much you’re in favor of beer sales at Six Flags Over Texas when Cletus Sprayberry from Alvarado decides to tie one on at the park, “Cuz ridin’ the Shockwave while effed up wud be soooo kewl.” Then he pukes down the back of your kid. Great. Idea.

7. Brad says:

Steve Holy is a total douche. He tried to pick a fight with me at Corner Bar three years ago after he did some karaoke shtick and made fun of me for wearing a pink shirt. He pulled the always clever “Do you know who I am?” line on me. To this day I still don’t really know who he is or know one of his songs. I did search for him on the internet after the bar incident and found a fan website that sold Steve Holy mason jar candles, so he’s got that going for him. All I’m saying is, he probably mouthed off again and apparently these two cops don’t listen to country either….