Comments

10 responses to “GodTubers (Heart) Huckabee”

1. Just a clarification (and to probably stir the bees nest): I don’t believe Huckabee ever said the earth was 6,000 years old or even how old he thought it was.
    I think he said the earth was created by God – regardless on how he did it or how long it took.

“We really don’t know. I don’t believe that it matters how long it took. It may have been 6 billion years… that’s how God may have done it. I just want to be sure that if I’m put on the spot do I believe its basically an accident that all of this happened – this wonderful creation of ours, or do I believe there was a creator behind it? I’m going to go on the side that there was a creator behind it.”

2. Anonymouse says:

Shhh Jonathan!

You’ll interrupt their smirking and self-righteousness here! Can’t you see it’s fun to mock Huckabee? If not, well, you’re just a hick.

3. Rawlins says:

Everybody …jonathon, anonymouse….here relax. Nobody (xcept maybe Trey Bien) is mocking Huckabee. I mean, who would ever underestimate a guy from Hope, Arkansas?

Yeah, I don’t see anything to mock about Huckabee. He’s a statesman for the ages.

5. J says:

Huckabee’s playing coy on the age of the earth is only part of the problem. (We actually do know, Huck.)

In a follow up interview with ABC, Huck said that, if given a chance to elaborate on the debate question (rather than just raising his hand or not), he would have told Chris Matthews: “If you want to believe that you and your family came from apes, I’ll accept that….I believe there was a creative process.” On a later occasion, he said, “If anybody wants to believe that they are the descendants of a primate, they are certainly welcome to do it.” These are denials–or what he intended to be read by his evangelical buddies as denials–that man is a product of evolutionary processes.

6. Jason says:

and yet, these are the prople who are outraged that our “enemies” Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan would elect their own right wing religious leaders.

Well, that’s just it, Jason. No worries: our own theocrats are somewhat more than marginal, but only somewhat. They gave Bush what he wanted for years; he said he loved them — he said it! — said he’d leave that big ole Bidness N. Trests and live with them in connubial bliss; they waited a long, long time, and they gave him what he wanted O! they gave him what he wanted; and now all they have to show is bruised knees n their leps is all swoll up funny n speckled.

And now no one respects them enough to dance with them, except that darling, um, cosmpolite Mike. But the coaches don’t like him ‘cos he walk bowlaiged n bucktoothed-like. The others they just give a pat on the haid all condescedin’ and say, Hush now. You’re purty. You just hush now. You’re purty enough. You hush.

Although Godtube has Cosmopolitan Mike “leading the pack.” Go figure.

8. OneArtDirector says:

If Huckabee wins the Republican nomination, hell will freeze over because I’ll be voting for the Democrat candidate.

9. DeeRag says:

Wow, it is true that people think Huckabee is something other than a victim of incest.
    You know he had gastric bypass.
    He thinks women are subserviant.
    His sons shoot dogs for the hell of it.
    There are so many things wrong with this man that he almost makes Bush look sane.

10. Harvey Lacey says:

I’m so glad that I don’t think I’m so special that only a god could have created me.